Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Smith
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Does Steadying the ship cost Helm Power?

It seems like there is no distinction between this and dodging which was mentioned in another thread... but it seems cruel to eat up 1 power on this action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
All helm actions use helm power, including dodging, as far as I know. Make sure to do your piloting as the last thing in a phase whenever possible.

In most cases, avoiding intense turns that cause a lot of OOC is not too tough: it is especially important to use side-slipping. All that said, nobody said piloting is easy, and if they did, they're nuts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Smith
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks...for the answer.... once the players started playing they saw the OOC wasn't that bad... and they figured out to start doing their manouvers at the end of phases. With missles coming at them and OOC going up based on how bad you missed the manouver i think they panicked a little

Side-slipping though? Hmmm....i guess it's back to the rule book. I think i know what it is but i don't remember reading it.

I'll probably post a bunch of questions shortly that came up on our first 2 sessions. Need to go back through the rulebook to see if i can find out what all i screwed up on.

Terry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander B.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Feel free to fire away with the questions! I don't consider myself a Battlestations "expert", but the rules do finally makes perfect sense to me.

Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Alex,

Thanks for the reply. You might not consider yourself an expert but you nailed it on the head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Side-slipping though? Hmmm....i guess it's back to the rule book. I think i know what it is but i don't remember reading it.

Slideslips aren't described in the core book. They are in the Galactic Civil War book. That said, they're not exactly a complicated maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.