Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in the area. Hit me up at justinf@hotmail.com (I have MSN btw). Just moved here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check the Student Union. There was a group that met there for many years, 15+, made up of students and alumni. Not sure if it's still going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I run the Jovial Board Gamers Society (started November, 2006) in Waukesha. That's an hour away, but we have a member who comes from Madison almost every time (custom golf clubs here at BGG). More details here:

http://jovialbgs.bravehost.com/index.html

Will send you an email as well.

-Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann Hamon (annhamon@aol.com)
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the games played almost every day at Pegasus Games on Odana Rd.
http://www.pegasusgames.com/calendar.php
Ann Hamon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOHN TODD JENSEN
United States
HILLSBORO
WI
flag msg tools
Ask me about it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As previously mentioned by Justin, Wednesday nights in Memorial Union (or sometimes Union South), just type "titu" (Today in the Union) into google and look for "Madison Board Gamers" to find the room for the week. The Wednesday night meeting goes from about 5 pm until the Union closes, show up when you can. We also meet the first Saturday of every month from noon until close in order to enjoy either more or longer games.

As Mrs Hamon mentioned earlier, Pegasus does have a wide variety of events. The best way to find out is to visit the store at 6640 ODANA RD (three blocks east of West Towne Mall) or call 833-GAME. Their scheduled board gaming time is 3pm to 7pm every Saturday.

Just down the street is The Last Square, which specializes in historical miniatures, but has boardgaming Monday nights from 6:30 to 9:00. They are at 5944 ODANA RD.

If you are downtown, you can give Netherworld Games a try. Their board game night is Sunday, from about 6 pm til midnight. their number is 255-4263 (ALL-GAME). The address is 334 W MIFFLIN ST, just a couple doors down from Capital Centre Foods.

On the east side, there is Misty Mountain, which is about the size of a gymnasium. They have Thursday night as boardgame night on their calendar, starting around 6:30. They are at 1922 STOUGHTON RD, just down the street from Farm and Fleet, near the corner of Stoughton and Buckeye on the west frontage. Their phone number is 441-0312.

I cannot vouch for any of the store game nights, it's been months since I played games in a store. But about 10-15 people a week come to the Madison Board Gamers in the Student Union, and we'd be glad to see you there if you can make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Hello.
badge
Welcome to my secret message.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also vouch for Madison Board Gamers at Memorial Union on Wednesdays. If the group is still anything like they were when I still lived there two years ago, they're a great group to get your game on with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
Moving to the area in the next couple weeks. Sad to be leaving old game groups, excited to join new ones.

I have a parking question about the Union game nights -- how easy is it for a non-student, non-staff member to find parking near the site? My wife will be a graduate student at UW in the fall, but I can imagine evenings when she'll be unavailable and I will want to go myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Bishop
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is not an event at the Kohl center your best bet is usually the Lake St. ramp. It is only a couple of block walk across Library Mall to get to the Union. Especially in the summer the scenery makes the walk well worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2019
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great info for Madisonians. I'm going to see if I can find my way to one of these groups. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kluesner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Also The Last Square on Odana road, just east of Whitney Way does a lot of historical minis and 40k stuff, including a league.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiz Games
msg tools
Send me a PM if you like economic and military games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.