SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only Richard & Ian along this session. Dave won't be back till after he's wed, and Doug & Marianne should be along next week. Richard sent me an email with a very reasonable complaint that we weren't playing the highest rated games at all and instead I was picking odd games out of my collection. Out of the top 200 on the geek, we'd played 3 since April! Fair comment, although I was avoiding many games until we had more than 3 players. I think that with 3 players, it's A vs B or A vs C. As soon as you have 4 players, you get a lot more dynamic interaction, more playing off each other.

So, as Richard requested, we played games suited to 3, starting with Settlers. Richard hadn't played this before but picked it up quickly and threatened an early lead. Ian had chosen an opening village on a 6 & 8, and so suffered the thief constantly. This kept him in check (along with me constantly telling Richard not to trade with him) and the game went on and on, until Ian finally worked the win. I fought Richard for the longest road (he got it with all the pieces), and so nearly won the game, but for a single sheep. One more sheep would have got me one more knight, the biggest army and the game. My sheep, my sheep, my kingdom for a sheep.

Good game, 3 hours!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.