Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the following situation:

7-Player game, so max # of actions with 2 empires in play is 3. One empire is eliminated before it takes its action: Do you still get to exercise all 3 actions or, rather, do you lose the 3rd action?

I suspect that you still get to do them all, since it was legal to place 3 action markers at the beginning of the turn.....but need an official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I don't recall this completely wrong, this is what happens...

As this is not possible on start empire (afaik), and there exists no more empire for production, trade & progress, manoeuvre, or discard empire, your options are limited to destiny and civilise, and of course to doing one or the other from those two with a wild card. In this case trying to make anything but destiny or civilise is equal to skipping your turn because you can't do them.

Destiny is not otherwise changed, but you can't use special abilities gained because of your lost empire, i.e. the religious leaders you don't any more possess.

In civilise phase you act as you didn't play it to any empire and you're limited to play only cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously my question does only work for Destiny, Civilize and Wild Card. But given the worst case scenario.....say the player begins the turn with 2 empires and has some combination of Start Empire, Wild Card, Destiny or Civilize for all 3 action selections.....then both of his empires are 'wiped out' by 2 other players' Start Empire Actions before the affected player gets to do anything (could happen, but very rare I'd think)....does that player still get to do all 3 actions?

This is one for Harry, just so that it is official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Peters
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce, you're right. It's in the official errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.