England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
So... in a 2-player game you only draw one of each card; Human & Alien. Therefore making the roles obvious?

Or do you shuffle in an extra Alien card to keep the roles more random?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. the roles get obvious when you play 2.

when you play 3 the two who become alien also should not hide their identity, since the human already know who the aliens are. Thus the "hidden identity" part is only interesting when 4 or more players are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Linkor wrote:

when you play 3 the two who become alien also should not hide their identity, since the human already know who the aliens are. Thus the "hidden identity" part is only interesting when 4 or more players are playing.
Thanks.

But what about this situation.

Remember - You aren't allowed to show your card to anyone.

During a 3 player game the Human player ninja immediately exclaims he is an Alien. Pointing out that one of the other two must be a Human player.

As you can see, from the word 'Go', a touch of confusion and paranoia has been thrown into the mix, giving the Human player a few seconds of breathing space, for a few turns at least.

The real Alien players look at each other, and at the Human player "Woah! hang on a minute... someone's lying here!"

I'm sure the Alien players will be confused. For a couple of turns at least (until the real Alien players are forced to reveal themselves to each other by performing their first attack).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Linkor wrote:

Thanks.

But what about this situation.

Remember - You aren't allowed to show your card to anyone.

During a 3 player game the Human player ninja immediately exclaims he is an Alien. Pointing out that one of the other two must be a Human player.

As you can see, from the word 'Go', a touch of confusion and paranoia has been thrown into the mix, giving the Human player a few seconds of breathing space, for a few turns at least.

The real Alien players look at each other, and at the Human player "Woah! hang on a minute... someone's lying here!"

I'm sure the Alien players will be confused. For a couple of turns at least (until the real Alien players are forced to reveal themselves to each other by performing their first attack).
The alien players should start the game by attacking. Sure it reveals their first move, but it makes it very clear who are aliens since humans are not allowed to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls