GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be nice with a new information header for the games: "Official language versions"/"Official translations" or something like that.

This would show all known official language versions for a game (as an example, Settlers of Catan would include Swedish since it's sold in Sweden with a Swedish translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lang
Denmark
Sjælland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since many games here are translated from German or languages but shown using the English title, it would be nice with both an "original language" and a "official translations" information spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
good idea

(although the quality of Swedish in the example makes that a bad example... Hmm rateing of offical translations maybe?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Stone Mountain
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just coming here to post a thread asking for a languages field to be added to game listings, but a forum search for "languages" showed this thread was here, so I thought I'd just post in it instead and add my voice to those already asking for this feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.