Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to check, a space with a settlement (a Town or a City) should never have a fortification (a Tower or Castle) on the same tile? Nor should there ever be more than one fortification in one tile?

If I have a level 4 red tile with two armies on it, could I build a tower there, then build a castle the next turn? Then cultivate the space later on in the game down one step at a time to a level 1 tile, and each time the tile is cultivated the Castle remains after the tile replacement? And then as a level 1 tile if I change an army into a settlement (a Town is required first), the castle I'd had all that time would be removed, since you can't have both a settlement and a defensive structure in the same space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mal Ross
United Kingdom
Bedlington
Northumberland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan wrote:
Just to check, a space with a settlement (a Town or a City) should never have a fortification (a Tower or Castle) on the same tile? Nor should there ever be more than one fortification in one tile?

Correct on both points.

Innovan wrote:
If I have a level 4 red tile with two armies on it, could I build a tower there, then build a castle the next turn? Then cultivate the space later on in the game down one step at a time to a level 1 tile, and each time the tile is cultivated the Castle remains after the tile replacement? And then as a level 1 tile if I change an army into a settlement (a Town is required first), the castle I'd had all that time would be removed, since you can't have both a settlement and a defensive structure in the same space?

And correct on that too. Provided there's no settlement in the tile, a tower or castle can be played there. Subsequent cultivation does not remove the fortification from the board. That only happens when an army settles to create a town.

Of course, if you've been playing a variant of these rules, I'm sure Jack would be interested to hear what you've done and how it's affected play.

Mal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mal's right on every count :-) Thanks for covering for me!

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.