Asterix & Obelix» Forums » Reviews

Subject: A Great Simple Little Time Filler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
So there are 2 of you that have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for something, maybe a game group to show up. What do you do?

The answer is simple you pull out your copy of Asterix and Obelix.

This game might not be the most complex or brain consuming, but it wasn't made for that purpose. This is a filler and a great filler at that.

The object of the game is simple beat up Romans and other things. You do this by playing a card from your hand of the same colour of that which is facing up. You get point counters at the end of a game for each certain group the players have the most victims, 1 for pirates, 1 for yellow, 1 for red etc etc. Which ever player has the most point counters at the end of the game wins.

Theres really nothing else to this game. Simple and fun for 2 players.

If your looking for a cimplex multiplayer game I would recommend looking somewhere else because this game is not one of those. But if your a fan of Asterix and Obelix or you want a quick easy filler then this is the game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
I only just thought of this, but its like a more complex version of the game memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesdavis wrote:
I only just thought of this, but its like a more complex version of the game memory.

How so? If your attack fails all cards except the last revealed are discarded, so for each attack there will be only one card that you could theoretically memorise. I find it's much more Push Your Luck than Memory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Friendless wrote:
jamesdavis wrote:

How so? If your attack fails all cards except the last revealed are discarded, so for each attack there will be only one card that you could theoretically memorise. I find it's much more Push Your Luck than Memory.

I found it to have alot of memory factor, but luck does play the biggest part your right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is certainly a memory element to the game.
There are only six Romans in each of the five 'suits' - so if you know that your opponent has three and two have been discarded then the liklihood of running into another is lower. All stuff to take into consideration when you want to 'push your luck' but at the end of the day if you are card counting in a fun, light, game like this then you are probably over competative and better off with something of more substance.

I find this a neat and enjoyable little game.
But then I like Asterix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.