Subject: How long for dice from Valley Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
How long does it typically take to receive the replacement wooden dice from Valley Games? I ordered a couple of weeks ago and am quite anxious to play with them. I'm past my third game of C&C and really look forward to playing with some dice that might actually roll when thrown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me 3 weeks exactly to get mine, but I orderd before Christmas so my package probably got caught in the Christmas rush. Remember that they have to go through Customs (Valley Games is in the 51st state ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, I forgot they were in Canada. I can't help being impatient . . . such a great game and such BAD BAD dice!! What on EARTH was GMT thinking? Ah, well, I still love 'em.

When you said 51st state my first thought was Puerto Rico. LOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine took about ten days but that was a while back. I think Valley has a lot more going on right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for mine too. Living in South Africa, I am used to waiting 3 to 5 weeks for anything from the US/Canada. I suppose that's a plus in this situation, as I have been forced to learn patience.

Lately though, stuff from England is taking as little as 8 days to reach me, regular mail, and that's also going through customs! Sorry, that's rather irrelevant, isn't it? I hope your dice arrive soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I just drove down to the Valley of the Mage store in Okotoks and bought a couple of sets. Hardly any time at all!

Ok, I am bragging, but its not often us Canucks live close enough to a publisher to do that, so I gotta do it when I can.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RKFade wrote:
How long does it typically take to receive the replacement wooden dice from Valley Games? I ordered a couple of weeks ago and am quite anxious to play with them. I'm past my third game of C&C and really look forward to playing with some dice that might actually roll when thrown.

Shipping time can vary a little bit when crossing through Customs. If you don't see your dice within the next couple of weeks, send me a message here on the 'geek, and I'll try to find the source of the delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Canada to Greece took only 6 days!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McPheeters
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for this thread! I absolutely hate the dice with C&C and my order is has been placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today - 14 days from Canada to South Africa, which is very good! I have waited 34 days or more for simple letters, never mind packages (which attract the attention of customs, of course).

They are fantastic! Well worth it. I am so pleased that I went for two sets, as they're too nice to just have one set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, I received mine a few days ago as well! Thanks Valley Games! The wait was worth it! I can't recommend these dice highly enough! Now we just need a nice hardmount board, ::cough cough::
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My first game: BASKETmind, a simple yet realistic 5on5 basketball game
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now 1 wooden set and 1 good plastic set from Exp1, and I thought we would use 1 set each player, but we all use the wooden dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, Russ Fade!

I am really not keen on the paper "board". The Valley Games dice are beautiful to me, they are so perfect, and they now contrast the lesser components. I was rather shocked by the board from the start, but it is clearly the weak link for me now.

Oh well, I shouldn't be too fussy. The dice were already more than I could have hoped for. One can dream though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still waiting for my three sets of dice to be delivered to my house in Utah after ** sixteen days. ** I sent an email to Valley Games over a week ago and never I received a reply as to the status of my order. What's up Valley Games? In my experience, the mail doesn't take that long from Canada to the U.S. and a little customer support would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, I finally received the dice from Valley Games. It appears that the game was finally shipped seventeen days after I made my order (shortly after my last post) and it took another fifteen days to work through customs and the mail system to arrive at my house. I'm finally happy to have some replacement dice but I definitely did not appreciate the excessive wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Lewis
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Linguistic Cruth
mbmbmbmbmb
limbo696 wrote:
Well, I finally received the dice from Valley Games. It appears that the game was finally shipped seventeen days after I made my order (shortly after my last post) and it took another fifteen days to work through customs and the mail system to arrive at my house. I'm finally happy to have some replacement dice but I definitely did not appreciate the excessive wait.

I am now 17 days without my one set of dice. I sent an email to them a few days ago and they failed to answer that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now waiting more than 1 month on an order placed Aug 20 2007. I have emailed 3 times, received a response on the 2nd email (3 weeks ago) - at that point I was told it should be in the mail the same weekend but that was a little over 2 weeks ago. Note that I am located in Canada so there are no customs delays for me (typically ~5 days is the upper end for shipping between major Canadian cities).

I'll send another email tomorrow. Not an expensive order, obviously, so it's not the end of the world. I'm sure they'll eventually show up, but this is getting on the very long end of things. If they were back-ordered or if I was kept in the loop on the progress of my order, I'd have no problems.

I have a different pre-order I put with them as well... good thing I didn't defray any money on that yet. When they ask for payment, I'll have to unfortunately think that through now though.

Anyway, I hope this will be sorted out soon and that I'm just an exception lost in the shuffle of their completing the Hannibal reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.