Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Puopolo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this situation come up recently in a game and was wondering how people would have handled it.

I played Perform a "Miracle" setting my hand aside and drawing three cards. One of the two cards i decided to play was Discontinuity. What happens next?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is tucked away right now, so I can't check, but I believe Discontinuity is one that causes players' hands to be passed to the left or right. If so, the key is that your "hand" gets passed. When playing Perform a Miracle, your hand is temporarily put down. The two or three cards that you draw are not your hand. Thus, if you choose to play Discontinuity from those, your hand gets passed. This has no effect on the cards drawn for Perform a Miracle. They stay where they are until you have played your alloted amount and discarded the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Puopolo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that seems to make sense.

The problem we were having was that it wasn't clear what was and wasn't classified as being your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.