Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a second set of boards anywheres so that all factory floor combinations are possible (short of buying a 2nd game!). I did check at the AH website and didn't find anything, but I could have missed it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would bet that if you ask Wizards they'll say no to separate components.

I would just hit up EBay for the cheapest copy of the new edition you can get. I would imagine you could get one for half price that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did just get a copy from ebay for $32 about 2 weeks ago including shipping, but I haven't seen any others going for under $32 BEFORE shipping since...

Would a copy shop like Kinkos or Staples be able to copy it? I'm assuming not since the boards are probably copyrighted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could very carefully slice the boards in half, and then glue them onto other pieces of carboard.

Or you could take the blade you used to slice the boards and stab the guy whose idea it was to arrange the board combinations so that some of the sample setups can't be done with a single set. yuk If you work it out, you'll see that with better planning, they could have arranged the double-sided boards so that all the sample tracks were doable with one set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join the chorus of voices who are disgusted that the boards were laid as they were. It's bad enough that they were done two sided as they were, but on top of that, it's clear that the arrangements were chosen specifically so that players must purchase a second set to use the set ups printed in the manual.

I could understand the decision fo which to put on the back of what IF there were combinations of four boards in the manual that COULD be done with the ones included. There aren't. The only four board setups require a second set. Shame on Hasbro for such sloppy production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
One more voice for the chorus.(I am a baritone.)

I wouldn't have minded the back-2-back board idea if they had been clever enough (or fair-minded enough, maybe) to have figured out that there was a way to combine the boards so that every layout shown in the booklet was possible.

I suspect that, during development and playtesting, the prototype boards were not dual-sided. I'd like to think that it was just a production screw-up - but it really does appear that this was a deliberate ploy to try to get people to buy a second set. I can't imagine it working in enough cases to have made it worthwhile. The customer is happier when he feels like he got what he paid for, and when it appears the company did it's homework to get the most for the customer out of the available production choices - not the least. Save the scenarios that need two sets for the free web expansions.

One possible alternative would be to try to hunt up an old shareware program that allowed you to make your own boards. It had all the graphics from the second WotC edition. Anyone know if that is still around anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could just recreate it using the Roborally board editor and print it out. Or better still, design your own boards!

http://www.roborally-editor.net/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks. Looks like it has gone ".NET" even. How modern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.