Popular Tags: [View All]
Edd Allard
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the 4-player partner rules, with a few small modifications to play a very satisfying 2-player game. Basically, each player has a starting hand of 4 tiles and controls two heroes. On a turn, player A announces which of her heroes will go, then takes an action (e.g. lays a tile/draws OR moves). Then player B does the same. The process is repeated with player A's remaining hero followed by player B's remaining hero. On the next turn sequence, players may change the order in which their heroes act, so long as each takes only one action during the sequence.

We play first side to 20 gold points wins, and hero abilities can be used once per game, as per the rules.

For an even greater challenge, we play that, in order to win, a side must land at least one hero on an exit space (teleport or escape) once the side has reached 20 gold points.

Using this variant, our 2-player games tend to be longer and much more strategic, with a lot more cutthroat action. Among our players, certain dominant strategies have emerged, and we've found that certain pairs of heroes seem to compliment each other well. However, I'd like to hear what others think of this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I played my first game of Drakon recently. It was a 2-player game and to be honest it didn't leave much of an impression on us beyond being just an "OK" game.

Your variant sounds very cool and I will definitely give it a try the next time we play Drakon. Thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.