Battle Line» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Ones and twos and nines, oh my! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
flag msg tools
Had a crazy, crazy game last night. With 50+ games under my belt, this may have been just the lousiest cards I've ever gotten my hands on. Funny enough, the main cause of this is sometimes I've seen too often, which is getting handfuls of ones or twos just after I've gotten at least one card in all nine flag slots. This basically means unless I pull Redeploy I have a hand full of junk with nowhere to put it.

It started pretty comfortably. I had a lot lined up and some good possibilities with little committed to, but that changed when my opponent had two or three cards I needed to get something going. He quickly jumped to a 2-0 lead and I was forced to play the first tactics, Companion Cavalry, which gave me a flag in the middle and cut the lead to 2-1. I really hate having to play the first tactics out of necessity.

Things did not improve. In fact, my opponent used Deserter, his first tactics play, to take the second flag from the left end, giving him two in a row. Despite this, I was grateful, because I desperately needed to play another tactics to give myself a fighting chance, and used one of the leader cards to take a second flag in the middle, giving me two consecutive and a good chance for a breakthrough... if i could pull any cards! With three ones and two twos in my hand, I practically sacrificed another column dumping the twos, only to draw nines on three consecutive plays! However, I had a place to play the nines, thankfully, as my opponent gave me an opportunity to play Fog, which let me capture that flag using two of the three nines and win the game with a breakthrough. I felt it was lucky in some respects, because I think my opponent misplayed when he threw his second tactics in and allowed me to get the Fog in play.

It was a pretty thrilling win, though, considering I managed to make something out of the lousy cards I got all game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.