Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: first-play [+] [View All]
Olli Mäkiketola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my first game of Um Reifenbreite yesterday and it seems to be a very good game. However there were couple rules issues that didn't seem to be addressed quite clearly enough in rules. I've read english rules translation available here on 'geek. We played with those rules with the exception of yellow jersey rules that seems to be ackward in that one.

Onto the questions:

1) When drafting: Does the bonuses from chance cards apply to followers? (I'm assuming yes since there are ones where it explicitely says others can't follow.)

2) When drafting on mountain climb / cobblestones: Do following riders have to substract number on a square they are on from the roll? There are some situations when you can't follow if rider in front of you is on a lower numbered square and uses all movement. (again assuming yes but rules only mention "Normal rules of movement apply" and again I'd like someone elses opinion on the matter. I'm not sure exactly why I'm thinking drafting could make some difference. )

3) When dismounted: Where will rider go back on track when hes spot is taken? (I have no idea! blush )

rules say first:
Quote:
If another rider is on his original space then he is moved backwards to the next empty space in that lane.

but later there is an another sentence:
Quote:
If another rider occupies the space the dismounted rider came from, then the dismounted rider is placed in another space either parallel to or behind his original empty space.

Can rider change lanes and how far? Can he cross thick black line while changin lane? Can player choose where a rider goes?

I think I'm on a right track with first two but with third question I have no idea how situation should be resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Drafting: yes, you may always follow the rider directly ahead of you - unless when it is explicitly forbidden.

2) The number in the space is the number of points a player must deduct from his dieroll when calculating his move. Since you do not roll any dice when drafting has the number no relevance. You only need to make sure that your rider is on the same type of terrain as the rider in front of you.

3) Not sure where you have the 'parallel' from (I only have the German rules). I don't see it in rule 2.2 (Dismounting). In the German rules you cannot change track; you must move your bike to the first empty space in your original track.

PS. I can recommend this PC-version of the game (under its original title) if you want to practice your skills:
http://www.homastour.tk/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Mäkiketola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for very fast answers. The unofficial english rules I have seem to have some inaccuracies but I hope I now have most of them tracked down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.