Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alan polak
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha

the fun stuff. As all this cutting and gluing was going on I placed an order for a variety of models. Research here is the key. There are lots of great websites that review the models available, question is: what scale do you use. I used to play a lot of gw games. Their modles are 20-25mil. What ends up happening in this scale though is that your scenery, if you want to build something elaborate like a prison camp for you men to break in/out of, then it takes up the whole table. What ends up happening is that your scenery in games of 40k or warhammer boils down to walls, hedges and small clumps of trees. With the long ranges of things like bolters and stonethrowers you get less of a tactical battle and more of a dice fest. Not for me. 10 mil is too small for something like small unit tactics. It's great for ancient battles, legions of romans that kind of thing. But I dont want to sacrifice character in the models, I also dont want to spend hours painting. So 15 mil seemed like the best choice. They are small enough that you can get by with the most basic of paint jobs. small enough and consequently cheap enough that you can buy loads without a second mortage, and big enough to have a level of detail that gives them character. PLus Peter Pig do a range of 15mm vietnam models and I really liked the way the looked on the website. Yes at the end of the day I went with a company called Peter Pig, who are on the net and attend all the big shows in England. They are very nice over the phone and after placing the order 3 days later a big box of metal showed up at my door. Sweet. Confession: I did order 50 viet cong models from ANOTHER company as they were doing next day delivery and I wanted some thing to experiment on paint scheme wise, plus I wanted variety in my VC models. BUT there is really no comparison betweeb these "nameless" ones and th Pig's. Check em out. They also do a fantastic PBR and tanks etc. plus loads of extras like villagers for all your PLatoon scene re-enactments, plus weapons caches, tunnel rats, snipers, helicopters too. Final word on scale. At 15mm, the Revell helicopters at 1/100th scale are practically perfect. They are a little of but the way choppers work in the game to be honest you wont care and or notice. Plus they are a breeze to paint and look cool. Right now that I've given Peter Pig loads of free press....Next time- On to the painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.