Subject: Spares... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: bits [+] [View All]
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased a copy of Tikal a few weeks ago (from eBay) and it is a couple of pieces short (it was sold as complete, but now I find it isn't). Since it was second-hand I can't moan excessively to Ravensburger, though I have asked them for spares. I have spoken to the seller, but since it came from Germany, postage is a big issue and the long and short of it is, I have an incomplete game. Is there any way that I could advertise for spares here?

Thanks,

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gamepage has a Wants Parts and Has Parts section. Direct link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewcollections.php3?gameid=54&...

and

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewcollections.php3?gameid=54&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and to advertise: go to the Tikal page. At the bottom ("Your Collection") you can fill in what you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Presumably you've left feedback on ebay? If it was advertised as complete, postage should not be your issue. The seller should make the effort to provide what you purchased, be that via his home in Germany or via a parts supplier closer to you.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I have not left feedback yet, the seller is looking for the parts, but I don't hold out much hope. Although it shouldn't be the case, how hostile I am will probably depend on whether I get the bits at all, even if I end up finding them myself, but I will mention it when I leave feedback. Fact is, I would probably prefer to have the game in its current state than have the faff of sending it back.

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Susie_Cat wrote:
No, I have not left feedback yet, the seller is looking for the parts, but I don't hold out much hope. Although it shouldn't be the case, how hostile I am will probably depend on whether I get the bits at all, even if I end up finding them myself, but I will mention it when I leave feedback. Fact is, I would probably prefer to have the game in its current state than have the faff of sending it back.

Susie_Cat.

Agreed. I would not pursue a confrontational relationship with the person if it's not necessary, however I would make him aware that this is his responsibility in a reasonably polite way. It was inappropriate for him to advertise the item as complete without checking the box.

In my opinion the onus is on him to make the transaction whole, and likely his best way to do that would be to contact the game's distributer in the UK and arrange for them to forward you the parts. This may cost him a few euros (although it may not -- game companies are remarkably forgiving), but considering the mistake was his this seems appropriate. I would politely recommend he pursue this avenue and help him with contact information in your country "should he wish to correct the problem in this way."

Neither you nor the game's producer should be financially responsible for the sellers mistake, no matter how honest that mistake may have been. You paid for a complete game, you deserve one.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Agreed. I would not pursue a confrontational relationship with the person if it's not necessary, however I would make him aware that this is his responsibility in a reasonably polite way. It was inappropriate for him to advertise the item as complete without checking the box.

In my opinion the onus is on him to make the transaction whole, and likely his best way to do that would be to contact the game's distributer in the UK and arrange for them to forward you the parts. This may cost him a few euros (although it may not -- game companies are remarkably forgiving), but considering the mistake was his this seems appropriate. I would politely recommend he pursue this avenue and help him with contact information in your country "should he wish to correct the problem in this way."

Neither you nor the game's producer should be financially responsible for the sellers mistake, no matter how honest that mistake may have been. You paid for a complete game, you deserve one.

Sag.

I have indeed persued them in this way, although I have not had a reply to my last email yet, and I don't hold out much hope. If I don't end up with a complete game from the seller I will probably leave considerate, but negative feedback. Meanwhile, I would like to play the game before next Christmas...

Susie_Cat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.