Popular Tags: [View All]
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've submitted several images and play-aids and even one game. In both those cases, I got Geek Mail indicating the amount of the rewards. Given that these are a fixed amount, that is somewhat pointless, though it is nice to know that a submission has been approved.

This weekend, I submitted my first review. As you all know, the award for reviews and session reports are variable. I received no approval notification in my Geek Mail, but the review showed up and I got some GG for it. When I put in the review, the page said "This review is worth X GG" (where X is obviously a number). Looking at my GG balance, I suspect I got < X for the review. This tells me that maybe the moderator(s) found something lacking in my review - not enough to disapprove it, but not enough to award me the full amount.

Lacking a notification Geek Mail with feedback, however, I'm not really certain what I should do differently in order to write a better review next time. Could Geek Mail notifications of awards please be provided for Reviews and Session Reports with any comments provided by moderators? And if the only feedback is "moderator A awarded X GG, moderator B awarded X+1 GG, moderator C awarded X-2 GG; average award = Y.Z GG", even that would be something, I guess. (And, no, I'm not suggesting user or real names of moderators be revealed. Those need to be kept anonymous.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Garcia
Philippines
Pasig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see how much GG you got for your reviews... On your profile, click on GeekStuff then click the number next to "Collected:"

Should give you a detailed count of you non-GeekMod GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bill_andel wrote:
Lacking a notification Geek Mail with feedback, however, I'm not really certain what I should do differently in order to write a better review next time. Could Geek Mail notifications of awards please be provided for Reviews and Session Reports with any comments provided by moderators?

It would be very useful if the submitter would recieve all comments made by moderators, whether the item is approved or not. As it is now, moderators which approve an item (although for less GG) will not submit a comment, since it probably won't be visible anyhow.

bill_andel wrote:
And if the only feedback is "moderator A awarded X GG, moderator B awarded X+1 GG, moderator C awarded X-2 GG; average award = Y.Z GG", even that would be something, I guess.

I don't think so.
Let's assume that your "Pictionary - Party edition" review got declined by 5 moderators. 15 others voted to approve it. Out of them, 3 used the default value of 3 GG, 7 voted for 2 GG, and the other 5 voted for 1 GG. You got the average of 1.8667 GG (of the moderators which approved it).
Now, what does this info tell you?

Note that the exact formula is kept secret, and i don't know it. I just made up some numbers that match the GG you got. Your suggestion would reveal the number of votes needed to approve an item, and thus will not happen.

Back to your review: If i don't know standard pictionary, this review doesn't tell me anything about the game. It does tell the differences, so it is kind of a review, but IMO not a complete one (and no, i didn't moderate it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
Back to your review: If i don't know standard pictionary, this review doesn't tell me anything about the game. It does tell the differences, so it is kind of a review, but IMO not a complete one (and no, I didn't moderate it)
Thanks for the feedback, Werner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordkuato wrote:
You can see how much GG you got for your reviews... On your profile, click on GeekStuff then click the number next to "Collected:"

Should give you a detailed count of you non-GeekMod GG.

Thanks, Ramon, I didn't realize you could do that. That's excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I've always gotten an email for reviews in the past -- a service may have been broken when you submitted.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.