Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
77 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Podcasts & Blogs

Subject: The Ultimate Podcast is Here! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: podcast [+] league [+] NSFW [+] lets_treat_women_like_meat [+] [View All]
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
Wow. I just listened to this. It is well produced, easy to listen too, good voice, just awesome production. However, we need more content here. This is was just a hour attack on Adlie and others. At times we we see sparks of great information here, but you keep spiraling into your "hate" of Aldie and others. You continually put forth a disclaimer that this isn't about hate, but when 90% of the podcast if slings of insults (minor ones) to others, it gets tiresome. I have faith your next one will be better. I hope so. There is potential here, but as of right now, there is really no content to listen too--just a lot of whining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
jgerman wrote:
gbohrer wrote:
Enjoyed the show; I'm a fan of attack radio, though. A I'd enjoy it if it were a little less BGG-centered. There are PLENTY of 'snoot targets out there worth the time. I had no problems with the volume levels.

I think if anyone takes the personalities addressed so seriously as to be offended at the "attacks" you might wanna take a good close look at your life(?).

Gotta get ol' Bubbles up here though.

And one criticism:

1. Quit bein' such a candyass. Don't back off. Ideas, hell, go for the throat, man!

Who said anything about being offended?

Exactly. It's not about being offended. For me, it's about quality product and this is not quality product. Unless you like "attack radio" as a previous poster wrote. I don't. When I tune in, I want to hear ideas not adolescent ranting. The show had very good production values and a nice looking picture on the first post, but unfortunately in this case you can't judge book by its nice cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping that this podcast would show the pure eurogamers why Ameritrash games are better, not how many clever insults we can come up with. Ameritrash gamers are not better because eurogamers are pansies, or because ameritrash gamers are so much cooler. Here is the reason they are better:

Typical conversation after a game of Puerto Rico:

"Dude I can't believe you took the captain on that last turn and screwed me out of shipping. I would have won if you hadn't of done that." Wow. Exciting stuff.

Typical conversation after a game of Descent:

Player: "Dude, I can't believe that you sent that rolling boulder down that hallway and then we opened the door to the last boss and the boulder killed him. That's a funny way to lose.

Player 2: what an awesome, epic game that was. Man I can't believe you killed your own dragon. Lol.

Overlord: Yeah, that is pretty funny. I loved you guys' characters especially you Bogran. Man, I could not kill you with your "crack shot" ability. All you had to do was hide around the corner and zap and in addition you got your +2 damage.

(Conversation continues on for another 20 minutes discussing all the cool things that happened in the game)

Overlord: you guys wanna play again.

Player: Hell no, it's 6 oclock in the morning, but I'm there next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A true Eurogamer would never say "Dude".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sumo wrote:

Dude, I do too play Euros!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald M. Zabos
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first podcast. A full success. Come on, bring some more of this. I can stand this. Thumbs up !

Can't understand why people complain. Podcasts are for bringing your oppinion to the audience. Podcasting everybody-will-like-this-stuff is lame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I don't know what do to here. The podcast is "lame," but this thread is entertaining. So where do I click the thumbs down?

I know, I'll just roll these dice and they'll make my decisions for me.

It's like you're in my head!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If only that darned Tom Vasel would stop rating games "5". I run out and buy every one of them thinking they must be AWESOME. And they're NOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I listened to the podcast yesterday. I can understand ragging on Vasel* and Schloesser* for the game rating thing, and maybe a little ragging on Derk* and Aldie* for the censorship thing, but overall, I thought it had too much hate.

And I thought Barnes* was going to be on. What happened to that?

The production quality was good. The show sounded very nice, although I have to agree with previous comments about music breaks.

If there is a second show, tone down the hate, turn down the volume on the breaks, and get Barnes* on there and talk about some games!

*While real names are mentioned in this post, nothing negative against those real persons is implied or insinuated, and should not be construed as a personal attack (or attacks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RKFade wrote:
If only that darned Tom Vasel would stop rating games "5". I run out and buy every one of them thinking they must be AWESOME. And they're NOT.

We should form a support group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Robinson
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Podcast by a badboy gamer with attitude. Way to go cowboy. Keep these shows coming and leave the music just the way you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
*While real names are mentioned in this post, nothing negative against those real persons is implied or insinuated, and should not be construed as a personal attack (or attacks).
You know things have gotten bad when we need disclaimers such as this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barnes
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
And I thought Barnes* was going to be on. What happened to that?

My people are talking to his people. Seems my rider was too much for the first episode's budget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Salata
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite possibly the most awsome podcast ever. I suddenly feel the urge to buy an AT badge and a copy of Dune. Time to save up some bag and some $.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crackedlcd81 wrote:

My people are talking to his people. Seems my rider was too much for the first episode's budget.

What, the cheap bastard wouldn't go a case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
the*mad*gamer wrote:
Thanks for all the comments, both positive and negative!

My next show will be available for download on Monday Feb 5th!

We will be talking about Sci-Fi Games

Thanks Again,

Steve

Oh. One thing. One important thing.

This isn't a podcast. This is a MP3 file. You need to do an RSS feed for it to be a podcast. Please do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Fade
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Gordon wrote:
A Podcast by a badboy gamer with attitude. Way to go cowboy. Keep these shows coming and leave the music just the way you have it.

No, turn the music down a notch. It might be "cute" and "bad@$$" to have it so loud, but the end effect gives the impression that you don't know what you're doing with whatever mixing/editing/etc software you are using to record your show. I'm not "too old" just yet, but my 73-year-old dad trying to sleep in the next room is. Plus, my wife was trying to watch Gilmore Girls and you kept interrupting her!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi...

As a gamer/designer I am more into "american" games than "euros", so to me your podcast is very welcome. I suspect your first show is more of a gimmick to get the ball rolling and setting yourself aside from the others - and as such its great. I hope that the future podcasts will be slightly more cenetered on games - in which case this could definatly become a podcast I would listen to and enjoy.

I could do without the music, or atleast turned down a bit - but thats just a matter of taste and preference I guess.

I will be keeping an eye on what where you podcast will be heading

Good luck with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chachere
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never liked talk radio very much. This is a sort of 'shock jock' version of the game podcast. It's probably going to appeal more to people that like the 'morning zoo' type of radio shows. I'm talking about Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh. Its certainly not for everybody.

I doubt this show is going tarnish its arch-enemies' reputations, those same arch-enemies that are hosting the main link to this podcast. The best thing I can say is that the songs are pretty funny.
"Dancing to merengue is a no-no!"laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Wonder if I should offer to send Steve a review copy of Watchtower?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtlawson wrote:
sumo wrote:

Dude, I do too play Euros!

Sweet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |