Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, during a 4-player game, which was a great and surprisingly close game, we came up with a question of whether the transference spell would let a player move off of the weakest monster, which had been stuffed under them by the dumbest player. We decided that they could not because the rules specifically state that the invisibility spell allows this and they specifically state that the monster/treasure-swapping spell allows you to do this even if people are standing on the tiles, but it was not mentioned in the transference spell, so we decided that the player was stuck on the crappy monster.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria wrote:
Last night, during a 4-player game, which was a great and surprisingly close game, we came up with a question of whether the transference spell would let a player move off of the weakest monster, which had been stuffed under them by the dumbest player. We decided that they could not because the rules specifically state that the invisibility spell allows this and they specifically state that the monster/treasure-swapping spell allows you to do this even if people are standing on the tiles, but it was not mentioned in the transference spell, so we decided that the player was stuck on the crappy monster.

Any thoughts?

I think you're right, but it's a tricky one. The German rules that you translated didn't distinguish this?

Cheers
Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I just checked to be sure, but I don't see anything different in the German than what I translated.

Just as an aside: When translating, I view my primary job to be to just translate exactly what's there to English, not to really add anything much. In this case, I did indicate a few areas that I thought could be clarified and sent them in, so there are a few instances in which a clarified statement appears that wasn't part of my translation or the original German. Overall, though, it's just a straight-up translation. But when I do the translation, I don't have the game in front of me, and am not always able to see every ambiguity "in my head," so to speak. And this one just came up for me in my fourth or fifth play.

By the way, I really like the game. I think people have been too dismissive of it. It seems especially suited for 3 to 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Transference spell can be used to leave the monster you are standing on at the beginning of your turn.

Have fun!

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.