jose silva

Glenshaw (pittsburgh)
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Artocarpus heterophyllus
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I would love to have those pewter cars painted like the real formula one cars, but unfortunately I am not as gifted in the painting dept as many people here

I tried to contact some people who do mini painting, but the ones I got a hold of did mostly warhammer stuff and didnt want to take the formula de pewters

Any one knows someone in the US who has done it a decent job with the formula de pewters? can you give me his contact?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Schrecengost
United States
Damascus
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: any recommendations for paintjobs for the Formula de car
I recently re-painted my metal minis.. I originally just painted them all one color (10 cars, the std 5 colors, and the tails had different colors to differentiate). And the tires black. Pretty simple. The problem was that the tail colors varied too much, and I used a non-standard color. White is pretty boring, so I painted a pair purple instead. The Purple tail on other cars got confused with red.. Anyway thats how my cars were..

This time, I got out the original plastic cars, and put the tails on like you can with the limit of 10 cars and 10 tails. 5 were solid (car matching tail color) and five were mixed. Then I used those colors to match my new painted cars.

As far as the scheme, I painted the entire car the base color. Then:
Tires: Black, and the outside edge white (whitewalls!), with the middle a metal color (Rim / giant nut).
Then if the car was the solid car (tame tail as base) I ran a stripe up the middle of a color that was nice on the car. if it was the mixed car, I painted the tail and the stripe the same color.

The strip is thin, directly down the middle.

Also, recently I found a pack of 'vintage racers'. I am looking forward to painting them.

If used for play, don't forget to dull-cote or spray a clear coat over them to protect against wear. Otherwise, you'll be re-painting the tires and underbody a lot.

I am thinking of posting a picture, but I need to locate my digital camera, so maybe look for a pic from me. Feel free to PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.