GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,442 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I just discovered that there used to be a newsletter for this game called Sleuth Times. Does anyone know what kind of material was in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I still have a copy of it somewhere, in fact I am pretty sure I have it, it's just a matter of where.

It was more of a Sherlockiana newspaper, although I recall that my issue had an article about Jack the Ripper as well because of their 'Jack the Ripper' game. There were ads for other games by the same publisher as well, but the articles all had to do something with Holmes, or at least that era in general. There were some ads for companies that made Sherlock items as well. None of the articles had anything to do with playing the game or added scenarios are anything, at least not in my issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I just discovered that there used to be a newsletter for this game called Sleuth Times. Does anyone know what kind of material was in it?

I think I had a couple of issues. The most interesting parts of the issues were the descriptions of life in Victorian Times, and if your salary was X, what you could afford for your family.

I always wondered what happened to Sleuth Times, since it used to be that you'd get something like one free issue every six issues that were printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually subscribed to Sleuth Times and have all of my old copies. As others have said, it was full of Victorian London atmosphere as well as varoius comments and ads for Holmesian articles and ads for unique detective games. I saw the Jack the Ripper advertisement in the Sleuth Times, and purchased the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.