Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxime Verrette
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, first post ever so tell me if I'm in the right place. Thanks.

I was just recently at le Valet de Coeur and almost bought Tannhauser...

I've been looking forward to this game for a while now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but usualy, by the time a game gets to the store, there are a couple of reviews available. Looked arround (like here on the Geek) but all that's available are visuals and theme and general description from the company: No actual non biased gameplay reviews. There's all this talk about character development possibilities and the "Pathfinder" system but what about gameplay and replayability?

There's also been comments made concerning the quality of the paint jobs on the miniatures (Unerversal Head), and I agree that from what I've seen apart from the official product shots, they don't seem to be as impressive. But I kind of expected that. It's the same thing with StarWars Miniatures and D&D miniatures: The promo shots look like Golden Demon Award material, and then the letdown when you open the box... But hey, gimme a good game and I won't mind retouching the miniatures to my taste.

So is this just a prety package with no content or is there a hidden gem behind all the fireworks?

Thanks in advance for any extra scrap of info on this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ragonnet
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: " I had it in my hands Marcus..." - Raiders of the Lost
Hello,

Unfortunately the game has not be translated yet so you can only find reviews in french.

The official website has a forum with many reports from gameplay and many tips and advices... but it's in french too.

I don't know if you can read it but if you can, you'll find what you want to know about Tannhäuser.

Or else i've read that someone here is gonna make an english translation so i guess that opinions will comme soon and rating will change (in good or bad... we'll see)

Perhaps you should ask le Valet de Coeur if they can organize a demo, that should be the best thing for people like you who want to see more about it.

In my opinion this is a great game with nice material and with many future possibities (even if they're already huge in term of gameplay with the basic box)

I hope it'll help and sorry for my bad english !

Gaffo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, SOMEONE must be the first to review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Verrette
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salut Gaffo,

Pas de problème, ton anglais est parfait (même mieux que certains anglophones sur le Geek )

Thanks for the info. I'll catch up on it. I'll just might be that SOMEONE to post a review afterall.

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: " I had it in my hands Marcus..." - Raiders of the Lost
Is there ANY word on the as-yet-promised English production? I know it was hinted that a deal was in the works and that word would be coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.