Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Moutinho
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a variant, has anyone considered adding Battlelore's Lore aspect to Memoir? I'm talking an almost straight port here, but using WW2 terminology and flavoring...

ex.:

Lore side of dice becomes Star side of dice.
War council is an HQ
Commander is ummm.... the General?
Cleric is your Medic/General Surgeon
Wizard can be the Engineer Corps
Warrior and rogue can have similar ports..

As for the lore cards themselves (or whatever they're now called), just take a straight port of the card costs but adapting the flavour for a ww2 theme

Just rambling thoughts right now... perhaps try and give it some more work. Given the focus/increased ability of M44's range combat, not sure if this would translate well, but just putting this out as an idea to gather some thoughts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been saying this for the past month. I think that if they made an expansion with these aspects and one british and one italian unit, everyone would buy it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Moutinho
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

shoot.. thought i did enough due diligence so as not repeat any existing threads. ahh well. Not sure if DoW would bother though, that's why i thought a homebrew might be more useful..

btw, just read a variant on here where grenades are made effective a at a range of 1-hex only. Perhaps this is a way to help promote a slighty more melee feel, making potential lore-like cards more applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Santana
Venezuela
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there... Well I made what U just said.... But I did it two weeks ago... I also mix other things to my M44, things like the Leaders on battlefield, morale among the troops etc. And let me tell you it meakes my M44 much better, My brother and girlfriend love it... About the HQ I made this conversion... Comander - Comander, Cleric - Air Force General, Rogue - Spy, Warrior - Sargent Mayor.

I also desing the cards, only text, but it works.... Just one little detail I made them in Spanish that is my local lenguage...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put up a thread on the DOW forums suggesting an "Operations" deck (function would be similar to the Lore Deck) for Memoir '44 shortly after BattleLore came out. A Lore-type deck for C&C:Ancients and Battle Cry would be neat, too,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.