Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya, my group's finally starting to get enough plays of this game under our belts to start thinking about picking up the expansions, so I'm looking for reccomendations for which to pick up.

If any of the expansions buff the heroes more than the overlord, that would be particularly good. (OL's on a roll lately)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
guyincorporated wrote:
Heya, my group's finally starting to get enough plays of this game under our belts to start thinking about picking up the expansions, so I'm looking for reccomendations for which to pick up.

If any of the expansions buff the heroes more than the overlord, that would be particularly good. (OL's on a roll lately)

There is currently only one expansion. A second is due out soon. Both are relatively equal in scope - they add new creatures, new scenarios, and some new board elements.

Both of them help the OL more than the heroes.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More specifically, Well of Darkness is available everywhere, I think, while Altar of Despair is available in some locations overseas, but delayed in the US until Mid-late February.

Both expansions add more deadly tricks, traps, and power to the OL, while adding more vareity for the heroes. New heroes, new skills, new town items, new treasures, new Potions. Both expansions contain what are reported as being significantly more difficult quests.

If you do pick up an expansion, I recommend replaying some of the JitD quest to get some experience with the new cards, foth for OL and hero players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.