It's okay, I'm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Right, so I'm pillaging. No one else can move their figures in because there's none in an adjacent province.

Can I move my figures in from an adjacent province?

What if they do have figures adjacent, but just don't want to move them in? Make any difference?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not a real person wrote:
Right, so I'm pillaging. No one else can move their figures in because there's none in an adjacent province.

Can I move my figures in from an adjacent province?
Yes

not a real person wrote:
What if they do have figures adjacent, but just don't want to move them in? Make any difference?
No.

Starting with the player to your left everybody has a possibility to move 1 figure at a time in. This decision circles around until no one wants/can do this.
Even if someone didn't want to participate in the first cycle, he may do this later, unless everybody passed (somewhat like betting in poker).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not a real person wrote:
Right, so I'm pillaging. No one else can move their figures in because there's none in an adjacent province.

Can I move my figures in from an adjacent province?

What if they do have figures adjacent, but just don't want to move them in? Make any difference?

People can move in units as long as they haven't all subsequently passed (so in case of 4 players, if all 4 passed in a row). Including the pillaging player.

Moving in extra units youself is allowed, it can be handy if you want to move them to an opposite province anyway or if they give a bonus (like extra rewards).
Keep in mind though that if you move in a unit, your opponents get the opportunity to change their mind and still move in units.

Only opposing ships in an adjacent fjord automatically have to partake in the fight. For the rest units in adjacent provinces have no influence on the outcome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Ignipes wrote:
not a real person wrote:
What if they do have figures adjacent, but just don't want to move them in? Make any difference?
No.

Starting with the player to your left everybody has a possibility to move 1 figure at a time in. This decision circles around until no one wants/can do this.

So...yes right?
Going clockwise, each player (including you) may move one figure to the region until all villages are occupied, or no one else wishes to join in. If nobody wants to join in then you could add as many adjacent figures as your rage allows you want. Once you pass then "everybody" has passed and the battle begins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
If nobody wants to join in then you could add as many figures as your rage allows.

There is no Rage cost to joining in on pillaging. You may be playing this very wrong!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Oops. Misspoke: you can add as many adjacent figures as you want! Corrected my post.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
Ignipes wrote:
not a real person wrote:
What if they do have figures adjacent, but just don't want to move them in? Make any difference?
No.

So...yes right?
I believe that my answer is correct.
Second question was about a difference. And the answer is: No - there is no difference.
Which means that: Yes - you can add figures if other players don't want to do this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Oh..My bad, your answer is no as in no, it doesn't make a difference. You are correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saud M.
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking this question. I did not realize that if - during Call to Battle - no other clan participated, the pillaging clan could still bring in their figures from adjacent provinces. This would not be considered a battle, however, would it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SolidRoar wrote:
Thanks for asking this question. I did not realize that if - during Call to Battle - no other clan participated, the pillaging clan could still bring in their figures from adjacent provinces.
This would not be considered a battle, however, would it?

Nope. It's basically a free march! cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saud M.
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
SolidRoar wrote:
Thanks for asking this question. I did not realize that if - during Call to Battle - no other clan participated, the pillaging clan could still bring in their figures from adjacent provinces.
This would not be considered a battle, however, would it?

Nope. It's basically a free march! cool
Cool. Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.