Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Brown
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shark Attack is a battery operated board game with a roving mechanical shark. The board resembles a race track and each of four players uses a different colored plastic fish pawn. Once the shark is turned on, it begins to chomp it's way along the board in a circle, getting closer and closer to your fish pawns. Upon reaching one of your pawns, it will gobble it up. The only way to move and thereby escape is to have your fish color come up on any player's die roll. The game play consists of one player rolling the two dice, and then all players whose colors come up moving their fish along the track away from the shark. Then the dice are passed to the next player. Games usually last around 2 minutes, depending on how fast the dice get passed.
If you are looking for a game with absolutely no decision making, pure luck and quick player elimination, this is right up your alley. I play this game with my three daughters, ages four to ten. The game play is vastly enhanced for me by much yelling and screaming. You scream when your color is not rolled. You scream when it is, and get to move your fish. You yell as the shark approaches your fish, you shout to have the dice passed quicker so that you don't get eaten. If you add these elements to the game and get into the moment of a shark about to eat you, it is pretty funny.
I'm not sure why, but it seems that white gets rolled on my set more often than any other color. I examined the dice and one die has more of one color than the other die, and vice versa, so that the rolls should be even, but it seemed odd. I played one game where my color green was never rolled and I simply sat there while the shark got closer and closer and I finally was swallowed.
I'll play this game about three times at a sitting with my daughters, then I'll bow out with the excuse of a sore voice from yelling. I play this game more for the enjoyment of sharing a dramatic moment with my children, more than for any intrinsic gaming quality of the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.