Subject: Group leaders, Drill sergeant questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Howard
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We just got the game, and I'm curious about a few things:
Can you add tools, plus a unit like scouting refugee, and tools? I ask because the rules never specify. The group leader says you can play with a tool, and the rules state you can use multiple group leaders but never mentions this.

In the same stroke, can you do scouting + a tool, or multiple scouting refugees to augment one card? (Why does group leader say you can add a tool as well, but others dont)

Lastly, is there a counter to mass drawing/cycling deck with small deck size and mostly scouts, couriers, and drill Sargent's? They seem to make a near infinite loop... while assassins and snipers are great, basically, if they get a ton of drill sargents/scouts/couriers they can cycle their entire deck (seemingly) and keep putting drill sargents in until they find the exact cards they wanted, and play them. The turns take forever, and I would have to invest almost everything in stopping that from happening, while other players do their thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the second issue, just don't put that combination of mercenaries out for the game. You only play with ten or so stacks, pick and chose one or two deck management mercenaries, and balance those with some fighters, hunters, medical staff, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Murphy
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
You can only perform one draw action per turn. So there's no cycling. You can use as much of your starting hand as you want to draw as many as you can, but whatever you have after that one draw event is you final hand for the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.