13 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blue Zones at the end of Multi-Zone Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Doodeman
msg tools
Hello,

I have a question about the safe houses (blue tiles) that are at the end of multi-zone tiles (like the example on p.4 of the rulebook). When do you actually benefit from them?

Following the rules step-by-step, the flow seems to be this:

1. I am standing on the middle zone of a tile(after I completed it last turn).
2. I have to eat as usual.
3. I select the "Move" action.
4. When my turn comes, I move to the 3rd zone (safe-house zone).
5. I trigger 2 events and I defeat them both.
6. I have now completed the tile, so I collect my 3 supply cards.
7. I now place the Tile Completed marker on the tile - I am now standing on a tile with a single black zone.
8. On my next turn, I have to eat again as usual.

When would you actually start your turn on such a blue zone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
julian hoddy
msg tools
yes, i had this very same question too. +1 for me please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested to read an official answer too.

For what it's worth, here's how we played it today and house-ruled it: once a tile was complete that had a safe zone on it (on it's own or at the end of a sequence of encounters) you placed the "tile complete" marker on it, but were still in a safe zone. If you left the tile and re-entered you had to fight the encounter on the "tile complete" marker which was a dead zone (no journey points), but once you won this fight you were in a safe zone. No rewards for special tiles a second time of course.

We think it made thematic sense, sort of. You had to fight your way back into the tile, but the shelter, village, church or whatever it was still existed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Paesmans
Belgium
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
flag msg tools
I was just going to enter the same question. And was opting to house rule it almost as Paul. Except the next the time I enter the same tile I wouldn t consider it a safe zone anymore. Be aware that I didnt play yet .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CthulhuLebon wrote:
I was just going to enter the same question. And was opting to house rule it almost as Paul. Except the next the time I enter the same tile I wouldn t consider it a safe zone anymore. Be aware that I didnt play yet .

We considered this but felt that this would really reduce the amount of safezones in the game that you could actually use. However, the game did seem a little easy on the human players, so maybe your way is right.

Really hoping Gordon Calleja will chip in on this point and a few others! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the number one question on our list as well.

The house rule we used is quite simple: you only move to the "tile completed"-marker if you return to a tile. So, you remain on the last zone of a tile for as long as you do not perform a move action.

This means you can camp, forage, and scout as often as you like and still be in a safe house.

When you move and get back there again, you end your turn on the dead zone and have to do the encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Smemann
Germany
Lüneburg
flag msg tools
mb
We have the same Problem.
Until there is no official answere we houseruled the situation by placing the tile completed marker when you leave such a tile. The only disatvantage is,that you have to move back to forge that tile.
Just as a solution to Play The Game and keep The idea of a savehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Dear all, when you complete a tile with a safe house zone at the end you remain in the safe house until you leave it. You place the tile completed marker on the tile for the next time you enter it and to indicate you can forage it etc.

So Alexander's house rule is how it's meant to be played.

Thanks for the heads-up guys. Didn't come up in blind-testing for some reason. I'll add it to the errata/rulebook revision.

Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks... and what about special tiles with one safe house ? is it also a one shot safe house ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming this applies to all zones with a safe house (apart from the starting tile).

Thanks for the answers, Gordon. They are realy helpfull!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It does apply to all safe houses, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grinn wrote:
Dear all, when you complete a tile with a safe house zone at the end you remain in the safe house until you leave it. You place the tile completed marker on the tile for the next time you enter it and to indicate you can forage it etc.

Thanks for the heads-up guys. Didn't come up in blind-testing for some reason. I'll add it to the errata/rulebook revision.

Gordon

So what happens when you re-enter a completed tile with a safe house? You didn't answer. Is it still considered as a safehouse once you have passed the "completed tile" encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
grinn wrote:

Gordon

So what happens when you re-enter a completed tile with a safe house? You didn't answer. Is it still considered as a safehouse once you have passed the "completed tile" encounter?

I highlighted the answer above. The keyword is 'until'. Once you leave the tile there is no longer a safe house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.