Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » General

Subject: Ambulators Mission - What's the point? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found out about the Ambulators mission and it reads "Runners with 0 Karma only", which (depending on the purpose of the mission) seems weird to me, since having 0 or more Karma does not impact the game unless you spend it.

So my question is:
- Is the Ambulators mission supposed to be used as a Demo mission (it's in the Demo kit after all) and should be mostly an example game, to be played once with new players and never to be reused again once you beat it.
- Is it an easier mission to be played until you finnaly get an upgrade (and therefore more than 0 Karma in your upgrades) if you don't feel ready for the Crossfire mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a demo mission from the demo kit.

The game expects you to track your karma earned, but karma earned and karma in upgrades is different.

All the base game missions track karma in upgrades for rewards and recommend difficulty
Vegas: a night on the strip, from the Vegas promo, tracks karma earned instead.
Ambulatory is very clear though, it says zero Karma only. If you win, you can't replay it.

You can just do what you want, but if you want to do an easy mission to grind karma you might as well just save yourself the time and give yourself some karma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you just try it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks For the response Francisco.

steftymo wrote:
Why don't you just try it?

Did you misunderstand my question? Can't see how this answer helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vignola
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it is an entry mission and has only two "scenes", it was the first mission we did to familiarize ourselves with the game.
Now, i'm using it only when playing with brand new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark downie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joetaco wrote:

The game expects you to track your karma earned, but karma earned and karma in upgrades is different.

All the base game missions track karma in upgrades for rewards and recommend difficulty
Vegas: a night on the strip, from the Vegas promo, tracks karma earned instead.

All missions track total karma earned for rewards, the missions are printed incorrectly. Check this thread for further info and a link to the FAQ. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1299534/what-total-karm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.