Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an extraordinarily bad roll - five ones wow

After switching a one to a two with the digger, I still had a pretty bad roll. Came down to where to place my last die. My only play was to sell a gemstone to a private collector for a measly dollar.

I would've preferred to pass altogether but decided in the spirit of the game to sell and take my dollar.

Any comments, official or otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems weird, but I would assume that since the dice represent your "employees" that you wouldn't be forced to make a sub-optimal move simply because you got extremely unlucky on your rolls.

If I were playing and that happened, I would house rule that you are not required to place all of your dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to play all your dice, as far as I remember. Sometimes you have no way to play all your dice, if you roll especially badly, so I think you can choose to NOT use some dice to save artifacts for sale in a later round.

To quote from the rulebook (highlighting mine):
Quote:
After rolling, the player may place these dice on cards to perform actions.

That 'may' implies it's a choice of whether to place dice on the cards or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a reason you didn't just do guide work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
christopherdgraves wrote:
Is there a reason you didn't just do guide work?

I assumed he'd already done that, and still had a die left. Selling to the private collector with just one artifact isn't a very efficient use of the card, especially if it's a gem you're having to sell, so passing in this case (to keep the gem for a future round to help build up that museum's majority and get a lot more money for your trouble) would be a good move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.