United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't play tested with 5 yet. I'm still trying to get that organized. It's an odd number of players for some reason. Does anyone else in the world have this problem? Also the set up for 5 players needs some work. One player is a little pinched and I need to work out some compensation for this starting position. So I'm setting 5 players aside for the moment, awaiting a 5 player group.

But for 3, 4 and 6 - the board is balanced and play time clocks in at 120 minutes. It's been played 14 times now (a total of about 20 players) and is really dialed into two hours. I'm amazed that it plays that fast and that consistently even with 6 players - even though I spent some computer time figuring out that balance of turns and victory points to make this happen. Still, I got very close to the final numbers very early. That's a great feeling.

My regular game group only has 120 minutes to play normally (a late evening group), so we're very focused on games that definitely play in 120 minutes or less. I personally think it's a sweet spot too - not too long, not too short. So that was the motivation for Galactic Emperor's play time and a big motivator for the design too: a galactic scale game that plays very fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been 29 play tests now (including a few 5 player games). Play time still dialed in to 120 minutes although I have added a few more victory points to the winning conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.