Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Koechl
Canada
Elora
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 daughters and I just wrapped up our second game of Sentinels tonight. After 2 games we've enjoyed playing it and its provided us a lot of fun. Some points my daughters (8 and 10 years old) have raised are as follows:

1. It is really adventurous. My daughters love the superhero motif and dealing damage to the villains. Even though they really hated taking damage themselves. (This drives them crazy, and we spent a bit of time arguing over who had the most damage)

2. They enjoyed the choice the game offers. Such as choosing characters, choosing the environment and choosing the "bad guy" they were going to "beat-up", and of course choosing their main character. Although I would say at some points deciding where to deal damage did get a little overwhelming for them to decide where to go with it.

3. They really enjoyed looking over the character cards and reading the bios for each hero. Although the base game doesn't come with all characters listed, it does give you some information for other factions.

4. They really got excited about fighting the villain each round and there was a collective holding of our breathes when Barron Blade's turn came.

As far as game play went the girls did have some difficulty with the heavy text on each card and understanding its meaning, but I think with some more play this would disappear.

To conclude, we are already looking forward to our next game and would happily recommend this game to anyone who likes superhero adventures!
HAPPY FIGHTING!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sentinels - A kids perspective
Sounds great! We introduced this game to our 11-year-old nephew this year, and while some of the heroes are definitely beyond him, he loves the game and can grasp a lot of the nuances quicker than his parents in some cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the perspective... Happy gaming...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Koechl
Canada
Elora
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes my daughters as well started to pick up the idea that each character deck comes with certain strengths and strategies to employ. It was a lot of fun to watch them get annoyed with the boss's attack.... Definitely a great hook!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What an amazing session report. I'll have to try this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Koechl
Canada
Elora
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx, Absolutely thrilled you enjoyed it! Definitely give it a try, I guarantee it'll be time well spent!Or your money back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Thompson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a truly insightful comment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hill
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like great fun. Did you win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.