Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple hunters in combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand how combat against Dracula works but I am still curious about vampire encounters.

For an example, if Mina, Helsing and Godalming are in a city at night and Godalming encounters a Reckless Vampire during a search action, what happens? Do all three hunters get to participate in combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mckinney
United States
Willington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
No the reckless vampire, only one hunter encounters it. the rules reference directly address this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you tell me where you read that rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:
Can you tell me where you read that rule?

See the reference guide at the bottom of page 4

Quote:
Combat with a vampire encounter can occur when either a hunter resolves a search action or Dracula ambushes a hunter.

» Combat with an “Aggressive Vampire” can only occur with one hunter while combat with a “New Vampire” can occur with multiple hunters in the same location if other hunters at that location become delayed.

Note that this mentions an "Agressive Vampire". The official FAQ, confirms it should say "Reckless Vampire".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the Reckless Vampire and the New Vampire encounter cards have this text: "The hunter fights this vampire."

The New Vampire card (only) also includes this text: "Other hunters on this location may become delayed to participate in this combat."

That's the reason for handling the combats differently, as the Rules Reference cited above clarifies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.