Haley Brawner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm interested in getting this, and I have both Awakening the Bear 1st edition and Price of Honour (Poland expansion) - will I be able to play with the components from these, or would I actually have to purchase the second edition? I really hope I don't, that would be pretty unfortunate!

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and no. If you want to play firefights as designed you will need all new units introduced in 2nd edition. If you don't mind substituting similar units, then you should be ok. However nobody has detailed the actual differences by firefight as far as I know. But there have been prior threads on this topic. Look at threads on page 2 or 3 to find the latest or search if feeling lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Haley,
Lewis is correct. You only need to substitute a few Units that are not found in the first edition.
Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
May I be of....assistance?
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to get a list of the units that need to substituted and the recommended substitutes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mrcoolranch wrote:
Would it be possible to get a list of the units that need to substituted and the recommended substitutes?
Substitute NKVDs with SMGs and Tank Hunters with Pioneers or Rifles if all Pioneers are in use.
Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
May I be of....assistance?
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
mrcoolranch wrote:
Substitute NKVDs with SMGs and Tank Hunters with Pioneers or Rifles if all Pioneers are in use.
Gunter
Academy Games

Thank you for the reply. Looking forward to playing the solo expansion with my first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
mrcoolranch wrote:
Gunter
Academy Games
If this could somehow be pinned to the top of the forum with LARGE LETTERS it might not get asked as often. This is, I think, the third or fourth thread on this very topic. Almost as prevalent as the old "when will it ship" threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
martimer wrote:
If this could somehow be pinned to the top of the forum with LARGE LETTERS it might not get asked as often. This is, I think, the third or fourth thread on this very topic. Almost as prevalent as the old "when will it ship" threads.
I updated the game's description to include a note with a link to this thread. That might help a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
martimer wrote:
I updated the game's description to include a note with a link to this thread. That might help a bit.
It got me here! I was about to sell CoH: AtB but then began to hear that the solo expansion may work with 1st Edition after all. Glad to see it confirmed with only a few tweaks required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Krach
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made myself a file with all the missing pieces for print out on sticky paper. They look quite perfect when using the additional counters you have from all the other boxes.

Uwe, is it OK for you that I upload this here, or rather not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Periplaneta wrote:
I made myself a file with all the missing pieces for print out on sticky paper. They look quite perfect when using the additional counters you have from all the other boxes.

Uwe, is it OK for you that I upload this here, or rather not?

This would be awesome Christian! I hope you get the OK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Christian, go ahead. Anything to help players.
Frohe Weihnachten.
Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Krach
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
File is submitted, thank you Uwe for the permission. Sorry for the delay, holidays and stuff...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Link to the file:
Printout missing pieces 1st ed. to 2nd ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls