Carson City: Big Box» Forums » Rules

Subject: Error on last page of rules, regarding horse variant! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Rasmusson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Yes... I'm choo-chooing to buy board games!
badge
The bird is the word!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that there is a difference between the wording in the Horses & Heroes expansion rules, and the rules that come with the Big Box edition.

The rule that is missing in the Big Box edition is that you can only buy ONE horse from the Salary space on the game board per round (four times per game). If you have several cowboys on that space, you have to take $4 with the rest of them.

From this thread, I gather that the expansion ruleset is the right one, and not the Big Box ruleset:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1396161/some-early-observat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules posted here, page 7 says the following about the "Wages" space: 'If you play with the “HORSES” variant, you can, instead of receiving $4, pay $4 to buy a new horse. Each player can only buy one horse per round.' (Emphasis added.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Big Box (under the "Buying Horses" section of the Horses variant" it says "Indeed, the first action space, "salary", allows you to buy a horse for $4 instead of receiving $4" and the other way to obtain a horse (The Cowboy) says "Immediately receive a horse..."

In both cases the word "a" implies singular in my mind and, as noted, by gillum the one horse per round is explicitly mentioned. So, even though rules are written somewhat differently they are effectively the same.

What I do find odd is that main game refers to "wages" action and horses variant refers to "salary" action. Not a big deal but just an editing or translation miss, perhaps due to different translators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.