BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Heroes of Normandie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Flummerfelt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Just picked up this game and for some reason I am having trouble with the description for creating an Army. I assume that on the recruitment tiles the four units in the center are already part of my Army and I'm just picking the additions in the four spaces available. What I'm having trouble with is the number at the bottom center of the recruitment tile. Is that the max number of points that you can add to the tile? It would seem so but some of the scenarios show already selected recruitment tiles that add up to more than the number shown. The first scenario I assume you only have the four units in the center because the spaces are filled in with tiles that show the unit symbol. Believe it or not I'm clear on which size of tile goes where and the corresponding colored bands need to match. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Starman
United States
Elgin
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guy,

First off, I recommend going to the Heroes of Normandie game listing and you will find a myriad of answers to questions such as you have here.

To answer your question:
You are correct in that you receive automatically the four units shown on the center of the recruitment tile for no cost (they come for the total of points shown in the center of the tile on the bottom- this is what the tile costs in points).

You then fill in the tile with matching recruitment options that, as you mentioned, correspond to the matching color bands. The number shown on the bottom of the option tiles is the cost in points that the said option tile will cost you when you are putting together an army in a random setup.

In the scenarios provided with the game all of this is already done for you.
Hope this helps.

My 20 year old son and I really enjoy the game and find much fun in just choosing the armies. We are currently playing a 12 terrain tile game with 600-800+ armies. I am German defending a city and he is American assaulting the city. Great fun!!
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Flummerfelt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I noticed that the scenarios already have your recruitment tiles filled out so I'm guessing you use those. So that tells me that recruitment tiles points actually go more with a game you setup yourself so you can equalize the points between Armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it Guy. The scenarios work really well and are a lot of fun. Creating scenarios and specific point battles really shows how the system can shine. With expansions added, you can have endless army configurations so the game never gets boring. Just experiment and have a great time with the game. Just remember, its not a simulation, its a game so HAVE FUN!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.