Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you use the included bag to hide the pillars during the game or do you only use it for storage?

It doesn't seem to be of much use during the game since near the end of the game a player who draws pillars can easily determine how many are remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From some of the pictures here, from my own experience but not from the English translation that is exactly what it is for.

I don't think it is for hiding how many pillars are remaining, just to make it convenient for players to take what they need and pass the rest on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
it is to hide how many are left and without really "feeling" the bag you could be mistaken in how many are left. everyone knows the end is near. However you do not know if you still can pull 4 or 5 out and thus not end the game. Again unless you feel around a bit and count which is something you're not really allowed to do since that's what the bag is for.
So in short: if you play with those kind of players that like to have a counting advantage over others don't use the bag (because one way or another they'll count the pillars)!
However, If you play with players that like to just have a blast, then play with the bag!
You do not really win the game in the end but during the game, but the endgame could matter if someone is ahead and wants to end the game to secure his victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lexen wrote:
However you do not know if you still can pull 4 or 5 out and thus not end the game.

Even if you don't "feel" the contents of the bag, you can still count the pillars on the gameboard so you know how many are remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Even if you don't "feel" the contents of the bag, you can still count the pillars on the gameboard so you know how many are remaining.

I agree, however you have to be the starting player to pull this off first hand, otherwise someone could taken over the lead before you can end the game...
believe me this has happened! so in a 2p even a 3p game it's possible but with a 4-6P game this is far less likely.
This is not a game where you have someone take a big lead anyway.
Cheers
lexen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.