Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping to play it this weekend. Don't know if it will be with 2 or 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hartmut hessdoerfer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with 2, but I would recommend each of you plays two characters, as (which works quite good).
The only "Problem" I see is that there are puzzles (of which one is optional) that profit of every additional brain ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rok velikonja
Slovenia
ajdovscina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I just finished both cases for T.I.M.E. stories using two variants for two players (Asylum and Marcy case). They were both great experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished Asylum with my wife.

Normally it is a struggle to get my wife to play anything.

But she loved this!! in fact we just set up the Marcy Case at lunch to start later this afternoon...

It is na amazing experience even with just 2!

Each controls 2 characters (like the rulebook says) and do everything else normally... We aren´t fans of variants. And I don´t believe this game calls for any.

You will love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've yet to open my copy, but everything I've read indicates that playing with fewer than 4 removes much of the 'roleplaying' aspect and instead moves the game towards a board game/puzzle experience.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
I've yet to open my copy, but everything I've read indicates that playing with fewer than 4 removes much of the 'roleplaying' aspect and instead moves the game towards a board game/puzzle experience.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

I've played the Asylum scenario with my wife as a 2 player game, and we did include some light roleplaying, particularly in the first couple of runs. We would to an extent select the acitons based on the character backgrounds. We played 2 characters each and enjoyed the experience very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With four, you only directly see roughly 25% of the information. You must rely much more on what people share from their cards.

Everyone is subject to remember incorrectly or inadvertently leave out something important. I feel like this is the intended effect.

You only get a little of that effect with two players as you directly see much more of the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sites
United States
Lake Stevens
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players is definitely doable, but I would echo the recommendation that you each play with two characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not too easy with 2 players?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
It's not too easy with 2 players?

I'm not sure about "too easy", but certainly easier because of the reasons I listed above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm thinking about playing it with three players - How many player characters are there to choose from in the different scenarios? Would you miss anything thematically/cool/interesting stuff if one is missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many spoilers to answer.

Play with three, you'll be fine, the game will adjust to accommodate the player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses and lack of spoilers. I was wondering this very same question as I was going to get it for just my wife and me to play.

I can see that a little will be lost by not having 4 different people playing "whispers" (Sorry not really sure what the PC name is of that now), for the revealed info, but as long as we are stringent on not directly revealing the info of the cards to each other I'm sure we will still get some of the effect.

In regards to the puzzle solving, I'm sure between the two of us we can work them out and think this aspect may even be better with two, as solving puzzles with 4 people can be painful and often results in some people sitting back and letting others do them anyhow.

I'm not grabbing this until after Christmas (The downside of living on a big island and shipping this time of the year). So for those of you that do grab it and play it two player, please come back and share your experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.