9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: WL - Bloodthirsty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charilaos Bacharis
msg tools
mbmb
When the Bloodthirsty mood is active, it says to put a token everytime a survivor suffers damage.

If the lion hits twice with one attack, do I put 1 or 2 tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two tokens, since damage was taken twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Bauersfeld
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
gparali wrote:
When the Bloodthirsty mood is active, it says to put a token everytime a survivor suffers damage.

If the lion hits twice with one attack, do I put 1 or 2 tokens?

In the definition of damage as a condition, the rules state, "a hit damages a survivor if it removes armor points or causes an injury." So since it is on a per hit basis in the case of an attack, Bloodthirsty would gain two tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been treating it like an After Damage effect, which means only one token per attack, regardless of the number of successful hits.

I'm going to dig a bit more into this.

Edit: after reading, my guess is I've been playing it wrong, but there is some wiggle-room in the interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charilaos Bacharis
msg tools
mbmb
I thought so too. From my reading all the damage is caused all together after assigning hit locations. So in essence, as all damage is caused together, you are damaged once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Treated it as equivalent to after damage, since it's one instance of a damaging effect that can be spread out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Bloodthirsty apply when applying damage to the armor? It says when the survivor suffers damage. But assuming they still have armor and do not tick a box they have not themselves taken damage or seen blood drawn. Their armor took damage not them no? Perhaps its pedantic, but wondering if theme should win out in this case? The idea of bloodthirsty triggering when actual blood is drawn seems thematically correct instead of striking armor and it inducing bloodthirsty? Both a question and my 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Vonderbread wrote:
Would Bloodthirsty apply when applying damage to the armor? It says when the survivor suffers damage. But assuming they still have armor and do not tick a box they have not themselves taken damage or seen blood drawn. Their armor took damage not them no? Perhaps its pedantic, but wondering if theme should win out in this case? The idea of bloodthirsty triggering when actual blood is drawn seems thematically correct instead of striking armor and it inducing bloodthirsty? Both a question and my 2 cents.

By the glossary definition of damage, this counts as damage. Thematically, you'll have to figure your own justification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vonderbread wrote:

Damage is damage, no matter where you mark it off.

Page 70: Armor: Spend 1 damage to reduce the armor points at a location by 1.
Page 71 also gives some examples of the triggers like "after damage" and nowhere does it state that armor will prevent these. It just states that as long as you are hit and suffer damage, you apply the bonus.

Thematically, you could think of it as the lion getting anxious that he's really close to drawing blood by hitting someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.