Steam Park» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ride placement of same color type? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelley J
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Rules say rides of the same color have to touch. Okay. It says they can only touch at one side. So are the above legal? They are touching one side of EACH other coaster in its color. Green 3 has one side touching green 2 and one side touching green 1. Pink 1 has one side touching pink 3 and one side touching pink 2. Is this okay? Or is it one side only, period.

We played for the first time last night and wasn't sure when my husband pulled the green configuration.

Thanks for any input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Pink is definitely ok, green should be alright but I'd have to see the wording of the placement rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the quote from the rule book:

Quote:
Construction Rules
When you build a Ride, it can't touch any Stand, nor any other Ride you already have (not ever at a corner), unless it is of the same color.

If they are of the same color, they must be connected (by a side, not only a corner), and they must connect precisely one space. Two Rides connected in this way are considered 1 single ride for the rest of the game

Both of what you put down should be legal. It just says that when connected to other rides it should only be one side, and Green 2 fulfills that condition by being only connected to 1 and 3 by one side.

So, it looks to me like you played it correctly. I had to read the construction rules a few times myself. I don't know if I'm dense or what, but it just wasn't setting in how to build things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
gingerwinner wrote:

Rules say rides of the same color have to touch. Okay. It says they can only touch at one side. So are the above legal? They are touching one side of EACH other coaster in its color. Green 3 has one side touching green 2 and one side touching green 1. Pink 1 has one side touching pink 3 and one side touching pink 2. Is this okay? Or is it one side only, period.

We played for the first time last night and wasn't sure when my husband pulled the green configuration.

Thanks for any input!

Once rides have been placed, all rides of a color are considered one ride. Pink is legal because each new piece touches the old Pink ride at exactly one side (assuming Pink 1 isn't placed last, of course). Green is illegal; you can place any two of the green pieces in that configuration, but whichever piece you try to place third will be touching the green ride at two sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
BreakingPoint0 wrote:

Quote:
Construction Rules
When you build a Ride, it can't touch any Stand, nor any other Ride you already have (not ever at a corner), unless it is of the same color.

If they are of the same color, they must be connected (by a side, not only a corner), and they must connect precisely one space. Two Rides connected in this way are considered 1 single ride for the rest of the game

Both of what you put down should be legal. It just says that when connected to other rides it should only be one side, and Green 2 fulfills that condition by being only connected to 1 and 3 by one side.

Quoted correctly (bold is mine) but interpreted incorrectly, I believe. The rules state that they must connect exactly at one "space", not exactly one side. Green violates this rule by connecting to more than one space of the previous ride (which is one ride made up of two pieces before the third ride is added).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freechinanow wrote:
BreakingPoint0 wrote:

Quote:
Construction Rules

Quoted correctly (bold is mine) but interpreted incorrectly, I believe. The rules state that they must connect exactly at one "space", not exactly one side. Green violates this rule by connecting to more than one space of the previous ride (which is one ride made up of two pieces before the third ride is added).

Although I think you're right, I also personally find this rule way too complicated for this game's weight. I just play that any rides (or booth) of the same color (or type) must connect. That works well enough for a light, quirky family game.

On a related note, I suspected that this very specific phrasing was simply an error in translation (the designers are Italian), but the Italian rules seem to say the very same thing as the quote above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
TL;DR tell him to put the green one-banger in the corner next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silva Lorenzo
Italy
Milano
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Green is illegal, rides must be connected only one space (not side), and once two rides of the same color are connected they are considered the same ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.