Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under persuasion attempts (16.41), what is the definition of "the most available Senator?" Are all unaligned Senators in the Forum or an already aligned Sentor in Rome potential targets, faction leaders being exempt? How do you quickly determine the target? If you have to go through the calculations for all available Senators for each dummy faction, this segment of solitare play could take forever!

How are seduction intrigue cards played by dummy factions? The solitaire rules do not mention them specifically.

For a dummy faction, which Senator attempts to attract a Knight? Is it the faction Senator with the most money per
16.31?

Given my limited gaming group, I'm afraid it is solitarie or nothing for this game. Still willing to give it a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Skulley
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the intent is "most available" = cheapest to get a minimum 7 persuasion attempt against.

The variables are limited: (Oratory + influence + personal treasury of the pursuader) - (loyalty (+7 if aligned) + faction treasury of the persuadee), so its pretty easy to see at a glance who the "most available" senator is and also fairly simple to see which senator has the best chance at persuasion.

Unofficially I'd say the neutrals use seduction whenever they can get the 7 minimum AND talents could be spent against them, since in general the neutrals conserve talents whenever possible.

For knights I'd agree that 16.31 applies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Akinde
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More comments based on my own plays:

1) As Bill says - most available = the cheapest senator. It is usually easy to see which Senators are available. Unless you are allowing one faction to build up a big advantage, it is rare for persuasion to be an option.

2) The player decides (or the "dominant player" in a two player game) - within the normal rules for persuasion.

3) Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.