14 Posts

Space Alert» Forums » General

Subject: Pieces needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Heath
England
flag msg tools
Hey fellow geeks, I just bought this game and I love it but it came without the battlebot pieces. Does anyone know how I get a couple of spares? The publisher and online seller don't want to know so I just want to complete the experience.

Most fun 10 minutes of panic stricken chaos I have had with my clothes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Did you contact CGE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heath
England
flag msg tools
Yes, twice and not had a response of any kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you contact CGE at "support@czechgames.com". I help CGE out a lot with work, and the support system is normally pretty good.

If you haven't mailed them, do so. If you have already, forward the email to me (paul@czechgames.com) and I'll pass it on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heath
England
flag msg tools
Originally I was using a link that the retailer sent to me so who knows if it was even reaching CGE. I have now emailed direct to the link you sent so hope that works, if not I will forward the email to you.

Thank you for your help and for confirming what a wonderful hobby and group this is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE want to provide excellent customer service. As part of this, they've asked me to subscribe to all of the CGE games on BGG and I try to monitor all the threads for things like this or rules questions to try and help people out as much as I can.

Since I like helping people, this works for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heath
England
flag msg tools
Just had an email from Zuzana at CGE, they are sending me replacement pieces, thanks guys for your help. I can put the ticket to ride black trains back in the box now, they were my substitute battlebots....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a matter of interest, who was the online retailer who refused to help? Assuming this was a business seller and the purchase was relatively recent, they are obliged to help by law (refund or replacement) - this is not America, retailers cannot wriggle out of their responsibilities under consumer protection legislation.

Everything I read about CGE suggests they are an excellent company at heart and in practice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBeef wrote:
Just had an email from Zuzana at CGE, they are sending me replacement pieces, thanks guys for your help. I can put the ticket to ride black trains back in the box now, they were my substitute battlebots....
Glad to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heath
England
flag msg tools
enoon wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, who was the online retailer who refused to help? Assuming this was a business seller and the purchase was relatively recent, they are obliged to help by law (refund or replacement) - this is not America, retailers cannot wriggle out of their responsibilities under consumer protection legislation.

Everything I read about CGE suggests they are an excellent company at heart and in practice.

Just to clarify, the online retailer, chaos cards, did offer a refund but would only cover non-recorded postage back to them, which put me off sending the game back. If the game had got lost amongst the blizzard of Christmas post then I would be left with no game and no refund.

They provided an email link to Czech games, after I asked for one, which got no response. When I used the email provided here on the geek I got an instant reply and hopefully will be getting my battlebots this week.

My last email to chaos cards was asking them to contact Czech games on my behalf, which in my opinion any retailer should be offering to do without prompt immediately anyway, and I have had no reply at all from the retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBeef wrote:
enoon wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, who was the online retailer who refused to help?
Just to clarify, the online retailer, chaos cards, did offer a refund but would only cover non-recorded postage back to them, which put me off sending the game back. If the game had got lost amongst the blizzard of Christmas post then I would be left with no game and no refund.
I understand your caution! It's a funny time of year to be sure.

BTW, you would probably have been fine just getting a Certificate of Posting from the Post Office as in circumstances like this (a return) proof of posting is considered proof of receipt. Anyway. good for CGE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Githens
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally speaking it is faster and a better solution to go direct to any company you are having issues from a game, missing bits, damaged components, etc. We have the replacement parts on hand to send customers. Stores usually do not, so they either put in a request to get pieces (when they get to it) or just sell at a discount. We at CGE are happy to make sure your game can be fully enjoyed so never hesitate to contact us directly.

Josh Githens
Czech Games Edition
North American Sales Director
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That might be good advice in North America.

Here in the EU it is generally bad advice - and it is not helpful in a general sense to accidentally dissuade customers in the EU from seeking refunds or full replacements from retailers or lead them to believe that is the proper (or only) course of action

CGE may (and indeed do) offer excellent service, but the same cannot be said for all publishers' The first port of call for a refund or full replacement in the EU is ALWAYS the retailer. Of course, if one wants a missing part for an OOP or OOS game then one can always contact the publisher, and sometimes it might be easier - but it is not the 'default' as it seems to be in the US where consumer protection legislation (especially for online purchases) is generally much weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heath
England
flag msg tools
I would just like to thank the fantastic professionals at Czech games who sent my battlebots just in time for my gaming day yesterday, thanks to everyone who helped out on the geek too.

It seems trivial but just having those last couple of pieces needed to complete the experience makes a big difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.