Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mackie
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was mental. Second-guessing other players’ actions was impossible, and as The Cramps' song goes, “…they never do what you think they should, so people ain’t no good.”
This was despite Pat often announcing what card he was going to play and for the most part (if not always), actually following through with his promises…

Mark seemed to storm ahead with plenty of antique pickups from the Auctionhaus, consistent scoring at the Schloss, and very few losses to thieving. Pat had some good hauls too although less evenly throughout the game, and had both of his thieves in the lock-up for a good chunk of the first half.
The rest of us limped ahead gradually, often in ridiculous circumstances. Having spent my most valuable checks in the first few auctions (on fairly mediocre pieces, mind) I had to resort to thieving. This worked exactly once each in the Schloss and Auctionhaus all game, and eventually both of my thieves were doing time together in gaol. A lucky break on one turn saw my successful Detective earn a 6 point jump to put me up with the leaders.

Despite some repetitive playing patterns and general uselessness in the Auctionhaus, I did manage to inch forward through frequent Exhibitions at the Schloss. Of course my collection was gouged every time as thieves seemed to be drawn to my cards like iron filings to a magnet. Exhibitions thus ended up more as amusing displays of my suffering than as presentations of historic collectibles (like Andy Warhol’s “Brille”, whatever that was (just looked like a pair of glasses to me ;-)).
Despite the frustrations of turn-by-turn plays, I was somewhat satisfied with my third place showing in this.
12 minutes rules; 42 minutes playing time.
Results: Mark 1st, Pat 2nd, then in order Paul, Neil, Brian, then Richard miles behind.

(Originally posted on www.themineshaftgap.com.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.