12 Posts

Hart an der Grenze» Forums » News

Subject: HART AN DER GRENZE PROHIBITED IN BRAZIL rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Lima
Brazil
flag msg tools
In the beginning of this year, the sale and distribuiton of the game Hart an der Grenze (aka "Jogo da Fronteira" in Brazil [Game of the border]) has been prohibited in Brazil.
The brazilian jurisdiction argue that "the game encourages and learns the children to suborn the authority".

The publisher, Estrela, is forbidden to manufacture the game and all the exemplars was took back from he game stores.
Particularity: The game's authors are from Brazil.
The immortal authoritarian-catholic tradicion of Latin America...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Augusto Medeiros
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
omg... That's a ridiculous argument. So a WWI game will "encourages" the children to kill people and cannonade nations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey this is a great hint!

If I were one of the authors I would go to a local Brazilian parliament asking the judges to retire every copy of Risk! from the Brazilian market, since the game "encourage" the kids to make war.

Let them deal with Hasbro lawyers, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they banned this innocent little game, then that means they themselves have something to hide. Isn't the "triple border" area (Ciudad del Este) supposed to be extremely corrupt and very dangerous? I'm asking here...not accusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Stumpf
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try finding where our country is located in Chart 1... soblue
http://www.worldbank.org/fandd/english/0398/articles/020398....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Right now hundreds of Geeks are thinking "There are a bunch of confiscated copies in Brazil! How can I get one of them cheap?!" cool

The game is already cheap for what you get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mckane
Australia
SYDNEY
N.S.W
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There is a new game called "Panty Raider" it may not last long over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hobbs
Sri Lanka
flag msg tools
our brazilian cousins will simply have to smuggle this game into the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Viana
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tanis wrote:
Hey this is a great hint!

If I were one of the authors I would go to a local Brazilian parliament asking the judges to retire every copy of Risk! from the Brazilian market, since the game "encourage" the kids to make war.

Let them deal with Hasbro lawyers, then.

The Brazilian version of Risk is named: WAR...and has been a best seller for decades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nicholaslima wrote:
In the beginning of this year, the sale and distribuiton of the game Hart an der Grenze (aka "Jogo da Fronteira" in Brazil [Game of the border]) has been prohibited in Brazil.
The brazilian jurisdiction argue that "the game encourages and learns the children to suborn the authority".

This is so ludicrous!
If the country really believes that games are the ones responsible for educational problems so we better pack our bags and get our arses on the next international flight then leave this sh*thole for good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Fjeld
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicholaslima wrote:

Is it still possible to find the source of this verdict? Afterall, extraordinary claims needs extraordinary evidence - not that I don't believe you! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.