Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
One Wal-Mart (of the three I checked) had Forgotten Forest and Heroes of Laur expansion sets on clearance for $11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool.

Question.
Did the other two walmarts have the expansions and they were not on sale, or did they not have any expansion in stock?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also saw the terrain pack for $11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Non Being
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Raising money to end cancer because those with cancer have better things to do.
badge
I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I picked up 5 of the Master Sets at Walmart for $17.00 apiece. They are on my rounds of checking every once in awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blinko wrote:
Last year I picked up 5 of the Master Sets at Walmart for $17.00 apiece. They are on my rounds of checking every once in awhile.

Likewise, last year, I pickup a bunch of the Walmart exclusive starters for $14.00 each. Was able to sell just a few sets of the onyx vipers to pay for the whole deal. (you can never have enough terrain)

From what I see at the wally world clearance sale, price is set by the store manager. So the clearance price will vary & they don't match other Walmart clearance price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Heroes of Laur last week for $7 at my local Wal Mart.

I tried to get the kid with the price gun to drop it down even more but he was a 'scaper himself, and told me that was a great deal already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
From what I see at the wally world clearance sale, price is set by the store manager. So the clearance price will vary & they don't match other Walmart clearance price.

Actually, its set by the department manager, so its even more unpredictable. Our local stores' toys are usually discounted 10% or less when they go on clearance, and if the item has any sale value at all on ebay, it won't get discounted more than 5%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Vogle
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my local walmart... nothing on sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cronkite
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The local Toys R Us (Ottawa, Ontario) has been completely out of HS for over a month. I'm getting sick of checking. The Wal-Mart in Kanata has picked up the line but in limited diversity :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruiner of Things
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
davidchujr wrote:
Cool.

Question.
Did the other two walmarts have the expansions and they were not on sale, or did they not have any expansion in stock?

Thanks

They had base sets, fortress packs and a few of the Collection 5 units (ninjas, gladiators, robodog things, etc.) but they were not on clearance. They were out of the forgotten forest and heroes of laur sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Walmart is the reason I don't play Heroscape. I hate that place. thumbsdown

But you guys go ahead, join the masses of consumer-zombies! zombiezombiezombiezombie
gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
kriz wrote:

There are other places that sell HeroScape.

www.wakeupwalmart.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walmart is the reason I play HeroScape. I love that place. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Walmart sells it, that means you'll probably find more people who play it.

That's a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Zimmer

Wisconsin
msg tools
ed95005 wrote:
kriz wrote:

There are other places that sell HeroScape.

www.wakeupwalmart.com

That site has nothing to do with Heroscape but I did see the copyright information, © 2005 United Food and Commercial Workers International Union.

You are aware that wakeupwalmart.com is union propoganda, right? Some of the stuff they say is true some isn't but they are just trying to expand the power of the union and the workers at walmart the tool they want to do it with.

Either way I shop at target. Which in fact is having a sale right now, it is selling the basic set for $30 instead of $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Sinner6 wrote:
You are aware that wakeupwalmart.com is union propoganda, right? Some of the stuff they say is true some isn't but they are just trying to expand the power of the union and the workers at walmart the tool they want to do it with.

Actually, union retail wokers earn more pay and receive better benefits than their non-union counterparts, so I'd say the union is trying to improve the lives of Walmart workers and prevent Walmart from dragging down the living standards of other workers in the same industry, which in my opinion are laudable goals. Why should taxpayers be required to foot the bill for the health care costs of a company worth billions of dollars? Walmart has the nerve to send its employees to the welfare department to get health benefits rather than provide those benefits themselves, while its competitors who provide health care are put at a competitive disadvantage. I'd rather shop elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that anyone who does not shop at Wal-Mart based on their labor and/or pay practices should also not be purchasing Heroscape which has minis hand painted in China at a wage far less than the U.S. minimum wage.

For the record, I like Heroscape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Zimmer

Wisconsin
msg tools
ed95005 wrote:
Why should taxpayers be required to foot the bill for the health care costs of a company worth billions of dollars?

Your right, the taxpayer shouldn't, the person should pay for their OWN health care like us small business owners do.

Your point is that a person should pay more to help the worker (often a high school or college kid).

My point is that a person should take care of the family first. That includes bargin shopping, even at walmart.

P.S. My walmart isn't running any clearance on ANY board games including heroscape. But the rest of the toy department is on clearence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Sinner6 wrote:
Your right, the taxpayer shouldn't, the person should pay for their OWN health care like us small business owners do.

I'd agree if we were talking about the company's owners, but we're talking about the company's employees, who probably can't afford to pay for their own health care. My employer's health plan costs about $1,300 per month for family coverage. That translates to about $7 per hour, which would consume most of a Walmart employee's wages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Zimmer

Wisconsin
msg tools
ed95005 wrote:
My employer's health plan costs about $1,300 per month for family coverage. That translates to about $7 per hour, which would consume most of a Walmart employee's wages.

You can get by for alot less the $1300 a month. At $1300 that is cadillac coverage. An HSA allows alot of people to get alot more then then they would otherwise have.

Look at it from wal-marts perspective. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=WMT
$11 billion in net revenue last year.
1.8 million full time employees.
Suggest $500 a month on health care.

1.8 million times $500 a month on health care equals $10.8 billion a year. That would cause lots of stores to become unprofitable, and thus shut down. So now those people don't have health care OR jobs.

ed95005 wrote:
I'd agree if we were talking about the company's owners, but we're talking about the company's employees, who probably can't afford to pay for their own health care

But if you get your health care from your employer you just give your employer MORE leverage over you. You don't empower the employee you CHAIN the employee to his job. Yet one more reason you can't leave to find a better job, start a business, follow your dream, retire early ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Sinner6 wrote:
Look at it from wal-marts perspective. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=WMT
$11 billion in net revenue last year.
1.8 million full time employees.
Suggest $500 a month on health care.

You can't get family coverage for $500 per month in California except for maybe a gimmick plan, like catastrophic coverage.

That's a very interesting link. I don't claim to understand everything it says, but Walmart's profits last year were $75 billion. At my cadillac rate of $1,300 per month, their health care costs would be about $28 billion. If they offered my plan to everyone, they'd still be profitable. Am I wrong?

Anyway, I think we've strayed far enough from the topic of board games. Let's call it a draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Strakhov
Canada
flag msg tools
I love Heroscape. I don't care if it is on sale or not. If it's a set I don't have, i'll buy it. If it's a set i don't have a double of, i'll buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.