Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Civilization Eastern Expansion Map» Forums » General

Subject: Can anyone post this map? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Luck
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this map is way out of print - can anyone scan a good image and post it here? (I have a scanner and I promise to treat it nice and return it quickly if you can send it to me.)

I just discovered the single image this entry has, and realize there is another starting nation. Were there any additional rules?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
-JL
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando S. Moreno Merino
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion was part of one spanish magazine, Alea. The expansion included the map (with 3 new starting nations), new civilization cards and the rules for them.
I will try to post a image of the entire map and the civilization cards.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beniamino Burattini
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are news for the image of the map and the civilization card??
Regards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cheung
Hong Kong
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Can anyone post the map, civilization cards and the rules?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Giacchino
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any luck in posting that map? Would love to get a copy if possible...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viranga Ratnaike
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A translation of my given names.
badge
I hope to replace the photo with a drawing of my own.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi JL,

I don't know if it's the same map, but I have a map for Advanced Civilization that extends East to India (and West to Ireland). I'm not sure where my electronic files are, but...

I got it from the Civilization Expansion Project site, whose files used to be at http://67.66.187.69/civproject/ (though now you get an error).

I made a set of Advanced Civilization from the files I downloaded (cards images, map images, etc) plus a laminator, cereal box cardboard, paper glue, and access to a color printer.

There is a page http://www.civproject.net/home.html

You could have a look at the site, and see if it has what you need.

Best Wishes,

Viranga

Lemming wrote:
I know this map is way out of print - can anyone scan a good image and post it here? (I have a scanner and I promise to treat it nice and return it quickly if you can send it to me.)

I just discovered the single image this entry has, and realize there is another starting nation. Were there any additional rules?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
-JL
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
toyakoyo wrote:
Can anyone post the map, civilization cards and the rules?


i am just reassembling the map from the scanned images . . . .

while doing it, i stumbled over some "errors" and inconsistencies.

missing population information:

there are some areas where no population indicator is present.

north-western quadrant: near the right bottom

north-eastern quadrant: two areas near the middle

south-western quadrant: the small island with a city-building-site

double city-building-site:

north-eastern quadrant: near the upper left corner, one area in the flood-zone has two city-building-sites.

has anyone information on these issues?

and has anyone a scanned image of the fifth civilization card "fanatism"?

ciao

martin
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the map is ready, if anyone is interested in the files, just send me a short note.

I added a small image to the gallery, the real thing comes in four pdfs for A4 paper.

Ciao

Martin M.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pentaclebreaker wrote:
i am just reassembling the map from the scanned images . . . .

while doing it, i stumbled over some "errors" and inconsistencies.

missing population information:

there are some areas where no population indicator is present.

north-western quadrant: near the right bottom

north-eastern quadrant: two areas near the middle

south-western quadrant: the small island with a city-building-site

double city-building-site:

north-eastern quadrant: near the upper left corner, one area in the flood-zone has two city-building-sites.

has anyone information on these issues?


I don't think those are issues. I believe that's by design. They are simply areas (perhaps desert) where you cannot support population. When we played with this map, I was the "Semites" and had to buy Agriculture early so that I could make use of these areas. Once I had done that, they could then support population and it wasn't a problem.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hill
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I just started playing Advanced Civilization again after a 17 year break! I have fallen back in love with this game and my new gaming group has too. I had no idea this expansion even existed. I now own a print shop with oversized scanners and printers and would gladly scan, upload PDFs, and print this rare expansion (map and cards)for us all if only we can find it. Currently, I am working on recreating it in photoshop from the pictures on boardgamegeek, and then I can reprint it for myself (and possibly others), and definitely upload it for everyone else.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lorenz
msg tools
I would be interested in obtaining a copy of this map.
I'm concerend about the errors & also concerned that it may not have been created with the same criteria that the basic map has used (I may be wrong here).
Out of interest I have created my own map (trying to guess upon the criteria used in the basic map, again my assumptions about this may have been wrong), which fits onto the eastern end of the basic map & stretches across all of India, China, Mongolia, with an additional very eastern expansion map to continue this to include Japan & Korea.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.