Loop Inc.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two players visit the same trip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaveewat Rojsurakitti
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I am the second player to visit,I take a Tear penalty token.
Do I still get a point from visiting a trip???

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you still get the points for the trip.

Note that if another player's Ad! token is on the trip and you go there, you are also considered to be the second player on the trip and will still get a Tear. However, you've also stopped the player with the Ad! token from taking the trip, and that player's Ad! turns into a penalty. In this case, your Tear might be worth it since you've cost the other player the points for the trip and also given him/her -3 points for the unfulfilled Ad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure that isn't correct. The ad token reserves your place on that trip, and another player taking that trip is the one who takes the penalty. The player placing the ad only takes a penalty if for some reason they fail to perform the trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
Pretty sure that isn't correct. The ad token reserves your place on that trip, and another player taking that trip is the one who takes the penalty. The player placing the ad only takes a penalty if for some reason they fail to perform the trip.

Right. But if Player A puts an Ad! token on a trip and Player B takes the trip, then 2 "time streams" have used that trip and the limit is reached. Therefore, Player A can no longer take the trip and is forced to fail the Ad.

(At least, that's how we understand it to work, but after re-reading the rules, it's not all that clear, and I could be convinced that either is correct.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaveewat Rojsurakitti
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, That's clear for getting point. Thanks

but about the ad! token

from this thread : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1395865/opponents-fulfi...

If there are Player A's ad! token and Player B on the same trip,Player A can take a trip on ad! token and consider as the first one. But if Player A can't fulfilled ad! token, he got a penalty.

And I have another question...

A Lunchs a ship. Next action, Can A play the ad! token on the trip that has A's ship??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuchA wrote:
Wow, That's clear for getting point. Thanks

but about the ad! token

from this thread : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1395865/opponents-fulfi...

If there are Player A's ad! token and Player B on the same trip,Player A can take a trip on ad! token and consider as the first one. But if Player A can't fulfilled ad! token, he got a penalty.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. We've been ruling it wrong. (I'll make sure to let my wife know. She takes great pleasure in me admitting when I'm wrong. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuchA wrote:
And I have another question...

A Lunchs a ship. Next action, Can A play the ad! token on the trip that has A's ship??
You can only place an Ad token on a space you haven't traveled to (on this or any round, since you can't visit the same space in two different rounds)

So if player A travels to a location in the current round, nobody gets to put an Ad token there until next round. However, if A traveled to a location last round, B can place an Ad token there this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaveewat Rojsurakitti
Thailand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got it

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to confirm all of the scenarios I can think of:
- A travels, then B can still travel, but cannot now place an Ad!. A cannot travel or place Ad!.
- A travels, then B travels to the same. B gets tear. Neither player can place Ad! on it.
- A places Ad!, then travels, and scores Ad! then removes it. B can still travel but cannot place Ad! see above.
- A places Ad!, B travels (cannot place Ad!) and gets tear. A can now still travel (scoring the Ad! and removing it) and he doesn't get a tear for it, as he is considered having gone first. (?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Chambers

Toledo
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
So, just to confirm all of the scenarios I can think of:

All correct.

Think of it this way:

1) Player A establishes 'primacy' over a location that hasn't been visited on this round by anyone, or by player A ever.

2) Player A does so by either placing an Ad or doing an actual visit.

3) If Player A travels to a location where they have placed an Ad this round, they get a bonus point. If an Ad goes unfulfilled, they lose 3.

4) If Player B visits a location after A establishes 'primacy' they get the points and take a tear.

5) Player C is locked out of the location for this round (but could visit next round.)

6) Players can only place Ad tokens on locations not visited in the current round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.