Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Brotherwood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends hate the continue marker in combat, and they feel that it slows down combat. Therefore they don't want to play the game cos of it.cry

Any ideas about this problem, how about ignoring the continue marker, how can we make combat faster?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of all the things that would kill the game for people this is not one I would have considered. Interesting it is a hot button for your group.

I could probably count on one hand the number of combat situations that have dragged out for more then even 5 sets of rolls before the combat is over and I don't see that as such a pain that it would kill the game for some people.

I suppose you could reduce it from three of them needed down to two but in MOST combat situations one or the other is trying to get away and escape is relatively easy to accomplish.

How many sets of rolls are you typically seeing during a combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, they give you an extra continue marker. You don't need the third marker, because as soon as the the third continue happens, the combat ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brotherwood
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most goe on for 6 rounds, to be fair though it was only our 2nd time playing, maybe with more exprence combat will become more interesting and faster once the know the cards better.

thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.