Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am learning with the clearer rules in the files section.
I do not know where it means Extreme Trajectory, and mentions green diamond shape.
Any one tell me what it means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the expansion Steve? There are Extreme Trajectories on the expansion tracks, marked with green diamonds denoting the movement bonus for succeeding the ET and the check number against which you need to take a blind check. There are no ETs on the tracks in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi John, no I only have base game and the rules are in files section so it looks like they have got mixed up. I have also printed the expansion rules,but this query that I refer to is in base game revised rules. Now thats confusing me, thinking I was starting to understand things.!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I assume you're talking about the file Official 3.0 L Engines Rulebook ver.10 from the files section?

My understanding is that this contains all rules written so far for the base game plus expansion. Further expansions will have new F1 tracks - I don't know if any new rules will be introduced - I suspect few if any - although we're hoping for solo rules soon! The only major rules addition in Exp 1, is the extreme trajectories, which don't exist on the Monza and Hungaroring tracks, so you can ignore the ET rules until you acquire Exp 1.

Great game by the way - enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you.......I am running through a game refering to every page.
It is definitely clearer than the original rules.
I can only find expansion in Amazon, but wow.....crazy price!
Once I can get to grips with rules then just need to teach my friend how it plays, then sorted. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This confused me, too, but as John says the Extreme Trajectories are for expansion tracks. The v10 rules in the Files section are the global rules (for lack of a better term); they include all the rules for the base game and expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman56 wrote:

I can only find expansion in Amazon, but wow.....crazy price!
Once I can get to grips with rules then just need to teach my friend how it plays, then sorted. lol

In the thread listed below, someone from Gotha Games commented on how their website is currently down, but the product is still available. You should definitely get the expansion, as the two tracks added both have a different flavor and experience than the base game tracks. A few local players and I have run an eight race season with the base + expansion tracks.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1482068/reprint-sometime

Plus, if you cut some foam board in 1.5" tall strips you can fit the base game, expansion and sleeved cards in the original box.

It does help if you play through the basic rules a few times first. This will get you used to section movement rules, robot cars, contests, pitting and strategies. Later, you can add in driver skills, track cards, soft/hard tyres, flags and superfast robots. Save weather rules for last (if you ever use them). My group does not use the weather in our series, but we will use it sometimes in non-series games. It just does not add much to the game for us.

The first few times I introduced the game to people we used all the advanced rules. That led to a lot of confusion. Now I just use the basic rules and a short race. This gives people the concept of the game, and if they want more, then you can use the advanced rules on the other track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.