Nick Ice
Canada
flag msg tools
This might sound like a dumb question but, Word of Power does nothing unless you destroy it but can you play it if its in your hand? The reason I ask is because if you play it and it does nothing you can still trigger Black Adam effect destroying it and gaining a VP which triggers Word of Power effect.

At first I didnt think so because you cant play it but it kinda makes sense that Black Adam synergy with Word of Power lol.

Which brings me to another question but how about Steve Trevor/Emperor Penguin and Martian Manhunter? Steve Trevor effect does nothing unless destroyed but can you play it to do nothing from your hand so Martian Manhunter gets the +2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may play ANY card in your hand, regardless of whether it would have an effect when played. This works into things like Crisis 2 "color" play (playing weaknesses), "controlled" cards in the TT version as well as many other interactions, including the ones you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Ice
Canada
flag msg tools
perfect thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a perfectly Legitimate strategy to play a Starter/Weakness to later destroy with Magic/Sagat's Eye Patch.

OR play a Starter/Weakness and then play Batmobile, if you want to control how your hand(s) turn out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
CodeAndReload wrote:
OR play a Starter/Weakness and then play Batmobile, if you want to control how your hand(s) turn out.

Not quite. Batmobile only replaces your hand if it was the first card you played that turn. Even playing a Weakness prior will negate the Batmobile effect.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Not quite. Batmobile only replaces your hand if it was the first card you played that turn. Even playing a Weakness prior will negate the Batmobile effect.

Right; that is the specific strategic situation I was referring to.

Something like: buy a 1 or 2 cost this turn, and let the lineup change when it comes around to you. Have a bunch of power next turn for high cost cards.

Playing Batmobile first may mess up cards and turns set with Zatanna etc. or cause you to reshuffle when you don't want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.